Anyone else here had a sniffle and a cough for chuffing absolute weeks ffs? Anyone else here had a sniffle and a cough for chuffing absolute weeks ffs?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1

    Potty-trained

    suityou01 is NOT a disguised employee

    suityou01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Skid row
    Posts
    21,019

    Default Anyone else here had a sniffle and a cough for chuffing absolute weeks ffs?

    Happened to us last year, as well. Caught a sniffle in early October which lasted until new year

    Been avoiding the gym as I just can't face exercising when I feel absolutely crap. Routine goes, wake up, feel tulipe, push on with my day, collapse in a heap feeling all fluey. Retire, rince and repeat.

    SY02 is the same, her folks have got it, our friend have it. Something doing the rounds that really takes some shifting. Is it bird flu again?

    Went to the gym yesterday, in a fit of desperation, maybe some exercise would help, I thought.

    So fecking feeble I had to pack in after about 20 mins

    Anyone else a malingering bastard?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

  2. #2

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,182

    Default

    Yes, I have. And now I know who to blame, you bastard.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

  3. #3

    Potty-trained

    suityou01 is NOT a disguised employee

    suityou01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Skid row
    Posts
    21,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Yes, I have. And now I know who to blame, you bastard.


    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

  4. #4

    More fingers than teeth

    FiveTimes is NOT a disguised employee

    FiveTimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    19,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suityou01 View Post
    Happened to us last year, as well. Caught a sniffle in early October which lasted until new year

    Been avoiding the gym as I just can't face exercising when I feel absolutely crap. Routine goes, wake up, feel tulipe, push on with my day, collapse in a heap feeling all fluey. Retire, rince and repeat.

    SY02 is the same, her folks have got it, our friend have it. Something doing the rounds that really takes some shifting. Is it bird flu again?

    Went to the gym yesterday, in a fit of desperation, maybe some exercise would help, I thought.

    So fecking feeble I had to pack in after about 20 mins

    Anyone else a malingering bastard?
    Yup I've got the same symptoms but I just an up and get one with it. I jut carry on as normal, still play football, still swim.

    Maybe its because I've manned up and haven't moaned about it

  5. #5

    Banned

    Old Hack has no reputation


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    No longer bumbling along the M6
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Been crook since last Monday and hopefully slowly comin gout of it. I normally ride a good 200 miles a week and I haven't been out since coming down with it; feel all lethargic and ache so bad. Worked the entirety of last week in pj's (still charged every day) and am slowly, I hope, coming back to normality. Heaving it down outside, so probably not a good day to start riding again.

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,379

    Default

    Had a cold and then a cough for three days, but cigarettes soon send it packing

    Hope your cold goes within a week or two Suity, because apparently we're in for the coldest winter for 100 years
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  7. #7

    Ducklike

    Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    8,945

    Default

    Suity, you're always ill. There's something wrong with you

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning

    doomage has no reputation

    doomage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Have you been to the Doctor? I had a recurring chest infection for about 4 years. Enough to keep me fatigued but not enough to keep me from carrying on. Finally went to the doctors a couple months ago, he says I'm suffering from asthma (hence poor sleep due to wheezing), got an inhaler; two weeks later, no cough and energy starts to come back.
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

  9. #9

    Bazzalike

    cailin maith 's job has never been outsourced

    cailin maith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    24,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doomage View Post
    Have you been to the Doctor? I had a recurring chest infection for about 4 years. Enough to keep me fatigued but not enough to keep me from carrying on. Finally went to the doctors a couple months ago, he says I'm suffering from asthma (hence poor sleep due to wheezing), got an inhaler; two weeks later, no cough and energy starts to come back.
    Thats pretty much how I was disgnosed.

    Wierd though, pregnancy almost cured me. Hardly ever need to take the steroid inhaler now and only rarely the Ventolin.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

  10. #10

    Super poster

    NorthWestPerm2Contr 's job has never been outsourced

    NorthWestPerm2Contr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suityou01 View Post
    Happened to us last year, as well. Caught a sniffle in early October which lasted until new year

    Been avoiding the gym as I just can't face exercising when I feel absolutely crap. Routine goes, wake up, feel tulipe, push on with my day, collapse in a heap feeling all fluey. Retire, rince and repeat.

    SY02 is the same, her folks have got it, our friend have it. Something doing the rounds that really takes some shifting. Is it bird flu again?

    Went to the gym yesterday, in a fit of desperation, maybe some exercise would help, I thought.

    So fecking feeble I had to pack in after about 20 mins

    Anyone else a malingering bastard?
    I have this problem every single winter without fail. Early October I get a cold for a week, feel ok for 2 days then another cold and another. By December if I haven't had around 8 colds/viruses then something isn't right....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •