• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else here had a sniffle and a cough for chuffing absolute weeks ffs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else here had a sniffle and a cough for chuffing absolute weeks ffs?

Happened to us last year, as well. Caught a sniffle in early October which lasted until new year

Been avoiding the gym as I just can't face exercising when I feel absolutely crap. Routine goes, wake up, feel tulipe, push on with my day, collapse in a heap feeling all fluey. Retire, rince and repeat.

SY02 is the same, her folks have got it, our friend have it. Something doing the rounds that really takes some shifting. Is it bird flu again?

Went to the gym yesterday, in a fit of desperation, maybe some exercise would help, I thought.

So fecking feeble I had to pack in after about 20 mins

Anyone else a malingering bastard?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Yes, I have. And now I know who to blame, you bastard.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Yes, I have. And now I know who to blame, you bastard.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Happened to us last year, as well. Caught a sniffle in early October which lasted until new year

Been avoiding the gym as I just can't face exercising when I feel absolutely crap. Routine goes, wake up, feel tulipe, push on with my day, collapse in a heap feeling all fluey. Retire, rince and repeat.

SY02 is the same, her folks have got it, our friend have it. Something doing the rounds that really takes some shifting. Is it bird flu again?

Went to the gym yesterday, in a fit of desperation, maybe some exercise would help, I thought.

Yup I've got the same symptoms but I just an up and get one with it. I jut carry on as normal, still play football, still swim.

Maybe its because I've manned up and haven't moaned about it

Comment

Been crook since last Monday and hopefully slowly comin gout of it. I normally ride a good 200 miles a week and I haven't been out since coming down with it; feel all lethargic and ache so bad. Worked the entirety of last week in pj's (still charged every day) and am slowly, I hope, coming back to normality. Heaving it down outside, so probably not a good day to start riding again.

Comment

Had a cold and then a cough for three days, but cigarettes soon send it packing

Hope your cold goes within a week or two Suity, because apparently we're in for the coldest winter for 100 years
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Suity, you're always ill. There's something wrong with you

Comment

Have you been to the Doctor? I had a recurring chest infection for about 4 years. Enough to keep me fatigued but not enough to keep me from carrying on. Finally went to the doctors a couple months ago, he says I'm suffering from asthma (hence poor sleep due to wheezing), got an inhaler; two weeks later, no cough and energy starts to come back.
                Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                  Have you been to the Doctor? I had a recurring chest infection for about 4 years. Enough to keep me fatigued but not enough to keep me from carrying on. Finally went to the doctors a couple months ago, he says I'm suffering from asthma (hence poor sleep due to wheezing), got an inhaler; two weeks later, no cough and energy starts to come back.
                  Thats pretty much how I was disgnosed.

Wierd though, pregnancy almost cured me. Hardly ever need to take the steroid inhaler now and only rarely the Ventolin.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I have this problem every single winter without fail. Early October I get a cold for a week, feel ok for 2 days then another cold and another. By December if I haven't had around 8 colds/viruses then something isn't right....

Comment

Working...
                    X