• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are working people this dependant on benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    REALLY pisses me off people like that 2nd couple. Think they've got a right to things like Sky TV because other people have it.

I know people I went to school with who are exactly the same as them. Spent the whole time in school pissing about and now their in low paid jobs with 3/4 kids. Same attitude - they're hard done by and people like me are 'lucky'.
    Don't forget greedy.

Comment

REALLY pisses me off people like that 2nd couple. Think they've got a right to things like Sky TV because other people have it.

I know people I went to school with who are exactly the same as them. Spent the whole time in school pissing about and now their in low paid jobs with 3/4 kids. Same attitude - they're hard done by and people like me are 'lucky'.

Simple solution. Listen in school, and get off your arse and go to college and get a better paid job. And, yes, everyone can do it - dont give me that crap about being from an underprivileged area either!
      +1
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        £65 a day in Reigate.

I was discussing Nurseries, not childcare. We unfortunately couldn't find on in reigate as they were all ramjamfull

I didn't like these smoking, feckless girls looking after my kids; one day I came to pick #1 up, and couldn't see her. They stunk of fags, and were listening to Enimem (uncensored) and when I asked where she was, was told we don't know. I found her in the toilets putting loo roll into the toilet. I did go fairly postal on them, and called the owner, who pretty much said, if I didn't like it, I could take the kids elsewhere. We did, and got some money off the bitch too.

No, that's scarred me to be honest. Also, there was one shut in Reigate that was found to have treated the kids badly.
        Nasty, sorry to hear that.

Our experience has been much better, probably being involved in the middle has given a more positive view.

Each setting should have regular inspections and you can feed back to Surestart.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Simple solution. Listen in school, and get off your arse and go to college and get a better paid job. And, yes, everyone can do it - dont give me that crap about being from an underprivileged area either!
          I didn't even go to college and it's never stopped me getting a decent paid job, there's nothing like a bit of self motivation to drive you on and the fact that I grew up on a council estate in the 'diff never hampered me either
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Nasty, sorry to hear that.

Our experience has been much better, probably being involved in the middle has given a more positive view.

Each setting should have regular inspections and you can feed back to Ofsted.
            Corrected that for you. But you do need to know the key words that scare ofsted into doing things.

I find the use of the word abuse followed by can I have written confirmation of you receiving this complaint works wonders when wanting them to get off their backsides.

But they do seem (even nowadays) to have a habit of ignoring complaints unless you ask for the latter bit.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Corrected that for you. But you do need to know the key words that scare ofsted into doing things.

I find the use of the word abuse followed by can I have written confirmation of you receiving this complaint works wonders when wanting them to get off their backsides.

But they do seem (even nowadays) to have a habit of ignoring complaints unless you ask for the latter bit.
              We wrote to the council, the local paper, our MP, Ofsted and about everyone we could. Simply got some nice noises back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                I didn't even go to college and it's never stopped me getting a decent paid job, there's nothing like a bit of self motivation to drive you on and the fact that I grew up on a council estate in the 'diff never hampered me either
                Fair enough. I didnt mean to have a go at those who take a different route and be snobby about it. LOL

You've obviously made a bit of an effort to get where you are today as well....

Point is that there are those who cant be arsed to make an effort and expect everything to fall into their lap and then moan cos someone has got something nicer than them...
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I honestly don't think it even takes much effort. A lot of people just can't be arsed to better themselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X