Why why why? Why why why?
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Why why why?

Nervous Newbie

NotSaying has no reputation

Angry Why why why?

Why do people think it's a good idea to send things offshore to be built where testing team think testing the system works is beyond their remit. Like expecting developers to think or comunicate with each other is beyond their remit. As well as their BAs being able to provide specifications to the detail that their developers need.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Seriously these people seem to think they are building something for fun, not that actually there are people who want to use this system and it actually has to function in the most basic end to end sense.

Sorry had massive urge to vent. Feel better now.

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

If you manage people properly, set expectations properly and document properly all of these things work fantastically well.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Such decisions have nothing to do with efficiency. The decision is made by some executive in order to show cost savings. His bonus is based on cost savings. Once he gets his bonus he will bugger off to the next company and he will be far away by the time the cost saving is found to be useless. The board will not admit that they made a mistake and the whole exercise will be claimed a success.

IT these days has little to do with working efficiently and accurately. It is all to do with the pleasing the accountants, creating smoke screens to cover up inefficiencies and keeping the share price up.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

Nervous Newbie

NotSaying has no reputation

"If you manage people properly, set expectations properly and document properly all of these things work fantastically well. "

problem here is when you don't do the above...... not saying it's offshore's fault but why offshore if the project is not run in appropriate way to do so?

anyway if I'd wanted a serious response I wouldn't have posted in general
    Last edited by NotSaying; 21st November 2012 at 05:12. Reason: adding quote

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Such decisions have nothing to do with efficiency. The decision is made by some executive in order to show cost savings. His bonus is based on cost savings. Once he gets his bonus he will bugger off to the next company and he will be far away by the time the cost saving is found to be useless. The board will not admit that they made a mistake and the whole exercise will be claimed a success.

IT these days has little to do with working efficiently and accurately. It is all to do with the pleasing the accountants, creating smoke screens to cover up inefficiencies and keeping the share price up.
    You know nothing.

I'm on my way back to the UK this weekend to do some planning. Back to the US in December then off to India to start hiring in Jan. Cost is important but it's access to resource that's more important. 4 out of my 5 new hires will be in India.

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You know nothing.

I'm on my way back to the UK this weekend to do some planning. Back to the US in December then off to India to start hiring in Jan. Cost is important but it's access to resource that's more important. 4 out of my 5 new hires will be in India.
    If you are fed up, go out to the titty bar across the road
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    If you are fed up, go out to the titty bar across the road
    I've booked this instead for Thanks Giving

THE US GRANT San Diego Hotel

Maybe there is a titty bar across the road?

Potty-trained

suityou01 is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by NotSaying View Post
    Why do people think it's a good idea to send things offshore to be built where testing team think testing the system works is beyond their remit. Like expecting developers to think or comunicate with each other is beyond their remit. As well as their BAs being able to provide specifications to the detail that their developers need.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Seriously these people seem to think they are building something for fun, not that actually there are people who want to use this system and it actually has to function in the most basic end to end sense.

Sorry had massive urge to vent. Feel better now.
    This is progress. Adapt or die
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Super poster

The Spartan has more data than eek

I have worked with offshore teams before and have found that the savings made offshoring the work are often negated by the time it takes them to do things correctly.
    In Scooter we trust

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    If you manage people properly, set expectations properly and document properly all of these things work fantastically well.
    WHS (and that pains me to say)

Problem is overview and accountability between off shore and in shore is usually too high a level where Bob just becomes a yes man to save face
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius