• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

class

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

class

After reading some threads on here I started wondering about societal class structure and how it is open to individual interpretation.

so, what class do you believe you fit into? And how would you define the different levels of class?
    Working class
    13.04%
    Middle class
    43.48%
    Upper class
    13.04%
    Sitting in the back of class playing with AndyW
    4.35%
    Lower Middle Class
    17.39%
    Upper Middle Class
    0.00%
    Upper Lower Middle Class
    8.70%
    Lower Upper Middle Class
    0.00%
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

This is not as easy particularly taking into consderation multiple inheritance.

Class structure needs to reflect the requirements of society.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      This is not as easy particularly taking into consderation multiple inheritance.

Class structure needs to reflect the requirements of society.
      People like MF don't have multiple inheritance, surely it's top down relational?

If MF fell out of his family tree, he'd injure himself badly, as there's fook all to break his fall.

Just saying.

Comment

I'm a descendant of a single class but I implement many interfaces.

Comment

My wife tells me she gets treated like an Object.

Comment

The first problem is: are you looking at a cultural or economic analysis?

Culturally you may fund that a self-emoloyed plumber is working class and a teacher in a non-managerial position middle class.

Economically you may find it the other way round.

By economic I do not mean simply how much you earn, but also your relationship to your work.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              People like MF don't have multiple inheritance, surely it's top down relational?

If MF fell out of his family tree, he'd injure himself badly, as there's fook all to break his fall.

Just saying.
              He'd land on nomadd's mum, which would break the fall nicely.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                The first problem is are you looking at a cultural or economic analysis?

Culturally you may fund that a self-employed plumber is working class and a teacher in a non-managerial position middle class.

Economically you may find it the other way round.

By economic I do not mean simply how much you earn, but also your relationship to your work.

Comment

Poll, Poll, Poll,
                  Poll, Poll, Poll,
                  Poll, Poll, Poll,
                  Poll, Poll, Poll
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    We welcome constructive feedback.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Working...
                    X