• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scanning your own items at supermarket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanning your own items at supermarket

Three tins of tuna make one beep.

Expensive mushrooms get scanned as carrots.

Are these mistakes acceptable?

Originally posted by aussielong View Post

You live in Australia. Our machines don't make those mistakes (usually because they are configured in shoplifters live near here mode) and complain about any discrepancy.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      You live in Australia. Our machines don't make those mistakes (usually because they are configured in shoplifters live near here mode) and complain about any discrepancy.
      Huh?

Comment

Best thing about those supermarket scanning machines is at the end when they say, "don't forget to take your bag with you", and I turn to the missus and say, "come on, love!"
        Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

It's possible to break the Sainsbury's self checkout simply by inserting your credit card before scanning your Nectar card. It then refuses to authorise your card. If you then insert cash, it refuses to give you change and hangs completely. Works every time. I patiently explained the exact sequence of events required to reproduce the problem to gormless "How can I help you?" youth, but, as he failed to take notes, I fear that my detailed bug report may never make it to the techies who could possibly fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            It's possible to break the Sainsbury's self checkout simply by inserting your credit card before scanning your Nectar card. It then refuses to authorise your card. If you then insert cash, it refuses to give you change and hangs completely. Works every time. I patiently explained the exact sequence of events required to reproduce the problem to gormless "How can I help you?" youth, but, as he failed to take notes, I fear that my detailed bug report may never make it to the techies who could possibly fix the problem.
            Gentile? Is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              You do know that you have to choice a payment type and then press cancel before paying to get ALL discounts applied correctly. Yes, its a known bug and yes I've complained a few times but even trading standards can't be arsed to deal with my complaint.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post

So you're asking if theft is acceptable? Simple answer no.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  Gentile? Is that you?
                  It was only 91 words.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    So you're asking if theft is acceptable? Simple answer no.
                    I was banned from sainsburys for shop-lifting pick'n'mix, I got caught twice. I told them I had an addiction and can't walk past the open trays. I'm not allowed in tesco metro holborn either.

Comment

Working...
                    X