Pimp wants to be my LinkedIn buddy Pimp wants to be my LinkedIn buddy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13

Nervous Newbie

Macavity has no reputation

Default Pimp wants to be my LinkedIn buddy

This happens all the time. I just say yeah on the phone then ignore the email when it comes.

Is there any harm to accepting these? Is there any benefit? Surely as a paid member they can all read my profile anyway.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

I reckon it does no harm. But say no to facebook!

Best thing about linkedin is linking to my manager at work - then updating my status to job hunting!
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Still gathering requirements...

aa2006 has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
    This happens all the time. I just say yeah on the phone then ignore the email when it comes.

Is there any harm to accepting these? Is there any benefit? Surely as a paid member they can all read my profile anyway.
    I always ignore them, In the past I have had an agent contact one of my linkedln connected managers, a fellow contractor, to fill the position which I had just left

Super poster

speling bee 's job has never been outsourced

I have always accepted this from pimps I have done business with. Then last week I received this:

Just seen your update on Linked In. Could you not have contacted me about ClientCo [worked at 2 years ago via this agent] bearing in mind our past and the contact I made with you below and that you knew I worked with them still?

Just thought it would have been the decent thing to do.

Good Luck anyway !
    And after I politely explain the circumstances, do I get an apology? No, further questions about why he might not have been given the business re Clientco.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Contractor Among Contractors

Scoobos has more data than eek

I find that a lot of my clients prefer me NOT to have agents added.

If I find an agent that I think is "different" from the norm, I usually have no problems adding them.

I've contracted at some really wellknown companies and in the very early days of Linked In, I did get a lot of complaints from an old hiring manager that they were being swamped.

Whilst I take that approach, I do have a friend whos totally open on linked in and he swears by it; his belief is that there's no point adding old clients that you've already worked with; you want new opportunities.

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

I always accept, can do no harm, but I make sure my contact list is hidden so they can't see who else I am connected to directly.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Godlike

alreadypacked has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    I always accept, can do no harm, but I make sure my contact list is hidden so they can't see who else I am connected to directly.
    +1
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

More fingers than teeth

minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

I ignore them all.

Batty

norrahe is NOT a disguised employee

Link to agents and block my contacts!

Saves me having to e-mail them all when looking for work I just update my status.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Bazzalike

cailin maith 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    I didn't know you could do that.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010