• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite female written song

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite female written song

Listening through music tonight, "bl*ody m*ther ******* as*hole" came up which is an outstanding song but I have to say the fairer sex do get about 2% of my music collection.

( So far away - Carol King )

Mine is Hello Earth by Kate Bush on the Hounds of Love album. In fact, anything by the Bushster, maybe not the odd ones though like 'Pi' and the washing machine one....

Comment

Probably a Kate Bush song.

Edit: Snap!

Comment

Joni Mitchell. Clouds or California.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Tori Amos Putting the Damage On is quite high up there
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Cloudbusting is a monumental song.

Comment

Two Russian bands I like have female singer/songwriters - Zemfira is one, Nochiye Sniperi another, all lesbo's too, which is nice. Brilliant songs.

Thumbs up for Tori Amos too and suggested.

I like Natalie Merchant too and her stuff with 10,000 Maniacs.

Does Genesis P'Orridge count now? I liked Psychic TV (Godstar!) but she was a man then....

Comment

One of my first memories of being young was Kate Bush on TV rolling about on a floor in a leotard to babushka.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  One of my first memories of being young was Kate Bush on TV rolling about on a floor in a leotard to babushka.
                  I was showing the missus the Pamela Stephenson Not The Nine O'clock KB spoof, she thought it was her!

Actually - it is her!!

Comment

Kate Bush - running up that hill
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X