• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Webhosting recommentation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webhosting recommentation

Hi,

I am looking for any recommendations on decent webhosting companies

I need :-

PHP, mySQL databases, webmail, decent number of mailboxes, competitive pricing. (oh yes and a support service that bothers to respond if there are issues with the service)

I only want to host a few company webpages to the public and some "private" stuff in the database so I dont need huge data transfer facilities.

Any recommendations are gratefully received

I have already looked at 1&1 and Easyspace - both look to have decent hosting packages - do any of you guys use these people ?

Thanks in advance
    Eternal

You could always try "Zen"

spod.

Comment

I have found these chaps to be quite good. Depends what you need. www.4uhosting.co.uk/
      You cant get at them at the mo as they are remodling.

Comment

There is huge competition in this area so prices are low (which means customer service is not of the best).

I used to use www.supanames.co.uk/ who's cheapest package was pretty good. I moved on to a dedicated server (hosting all the sites) when traffic volume on one of the sites started to make it slow. Strangely enough they were doing an expensive package with a limit of about a couple of gig a month but the rock bottom no limits but bandwidth shared with all the other sites on the box worked reasonably well until I started getting over that.

Comment

Bandwqidth! Tchoh! Interest in our business has expanded so much in the last 6 months I have had to webhosters who use two bits of string.

Comment

Xoggoth - I put some tips on optimisation for decent google ranking s on www.************.co.uk some time ago which you might find handy. They are very basic but you'll find that loads of sites don't do anything other than hope.

Mind you I guess it depends on how many newt fanciers are searching google too :rolleyes

Comment

i use www.lohost.co.uk and recommend them highly. Exellent uptime and support @ competitive prices.

Comment

Cheers fiddle. Think I've done all the things you recommend but I will go through the checklist. As you say, it's probably the content. I am thinking of adding some short videos of slugs mating, and putting "slimy sex" in the keywords. Or earthworms (hermaphrodites like various invertebrates) "Shemales at it". That should bring em in.

Comment

stuker sounds very like stehuk, but it could not possible be old good ol' sh, the post does not run to 40,0000 words.

Comment

> hermaphrodites like various invertebrates

One spineless vertebrate here (hint: left or right hand?) can go feck himself too

Comment

Working...
                    X