• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smoke Alarm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Would have been funny if an actual fire had occurred that night and you were all burned to death because the alarm was immobilised.
    Jeez, love you too!!

Actually, the other two detectors at the bottom of the stairs and kitchen (all open plan) would have done the job as i tested them following this one being ripped off the wall.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Would have been funny if an actual fire had occurred that night and you were all burned to death because the alarm was immobilised.
      His face would have certainly been red.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        His face would have certainly been red.
        I'd be feeling the heat, thats for sure!
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          Jeez, love you too!!

Actually, the other two detectors at the bottom of the stairs and kitchen (all open plan) would have done the job as i tested them following this one being ripped off the wall.
          Good to know.

I live in a ground floor flat in the back streets of Farringdon and thus my bedroom window has metal bars across it on the outside.

So if there's ever a fire in the hallway of my flat i will be cooked alive.

Comment

Good to know.

I live in a ground floor flat in the back streets of Farringdon and thus my bedroom window has metal bars across it on the outside.

So if there's ever a fire in the hallway of my flat i will be cooked alive.
            Sounds like a large emergency angle grinder would be as useful for you as a fire extinguisher, assuming you could rely on the mains still being connected in the event of a fire

or better still some Primercord

A rope-like plastic explosive used in various demolition jobs. Primercord can be wrapped around conduits or small girders to sever them or taped to a wall (In a circle) to blow an entry hole. It can also be used to link other explosive charges together for almost instantaneous detonation (it will detonate other explosives by itself, without the need for a blasting cap). Primercord itself requires a blasting cap for detonation, though it will burn in a non-explosive manner with conventional lighting.

Type Primercord, 1 meter

Weight 0.5 kg

Price $15

:::
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 26 November 2012, 15:43.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Sounds like a large emergency angle grinder would be as useful for you as a fire extinguisher, assuming you could rely on the mains still being connected in the event of a fire
              Get a petrol one. A friend has one. For some reason he wants to go round cutting down speed cameras.

Comment

How quickly will i able able to cut through 3-4 bars with that?

Comment

How quickly will i able able to cut through 3-4 bars with that?
                  I edited my post - Primercord is the answer, now what was the question again?

(although actually, a pipe cutter sounds like a practical alternative)
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I edited my post - Primercord is the answer, now what was the question again?

(although actually, a pipe cutter sounds like a practical alternative)
                    Boomed

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Light blue touch paper & retire to a safe distance.
                      I'll just hide under my quilt.

Comment

Working...
                      X