• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

please recommend where to get contractor mortgage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    Just looked at here terms and looks like they will charge £695 for processing a mortgage ....

I cant remember making a payment to contractorFinancials 6yrs ago when they arranged a mortgage for me

css_jay99
    It depends, I got quote from both. CF gave me best product from Halifax with product fee of £999 and £0 processing fees for themselves. CMME gave me the same product with £250 product fee with £450 processing fee. So they were a better choice for me

Comment

Yorkshire Building Society were good for me. Ready set up to take dividends etc and turn them into a projected gross. Just needed a letter from a chartered accountant and a few bank statements.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

cheers guys, i best make this a priority

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
          It depends, I got quote from both. CF gave me best product from Halifax with product fee of £999 and £0 processing fees for themselves. CMME gave me the same product with £250 product fee with £450 processing fee. So they were a better choice for me
          how come £450? did you re-negotiate?.

Their terms states

The £695 fee payable on application is non-refundable should you choose not to proceed following the successful production of a suitable mortgage offer.

css_jay99

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
            how come £450? did you re-negotiate?.

Their terms states

css_jay99
            Nope, I think they recently hiked their prices. I strongly advise to get the quotation for the best mortgage products from each broker and then compare the complete package, and not just the brokerage.

Comment

Barclays & Virgin offering Low rates on 2 year fixed deals

Barclays offering 2.39% on 2yr tracker while Virgin is 2.55% on 2yr fixed/tracker

I was wondering if these two are contractor friendly and if they take direct applications as well ?

css_jay99

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Uk tax laws are such a bummer.....

Just take all the money out of company account, pay off mortgage, throw VAT and CT demands in bin. Put head under quilt and hide. Simples....
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I'm sure PUMA (of accounting/legal forum fame) had a method for offsetting your company reserves against a mortgage (with an offset product).

I don't know if he's still around for a PM, but might be worth a searcharoonie.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Hi
                    I think that you can
                    1. Borrow cash from ltd co
                    2. Pay into offset mortgage
                    3. Pay ltdco interest on monies borrowed - but it's back to you anyway.

Risk is that if you need the money back then the mortgage company will re-asses your ability to pay so might not agree to you recovering all of the offset !!!

Cheers
                    Kobie

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      I'm sure PUMA (of accounting/legal forum fame) had a method for offsetting your company reserves against a mortgage (with an offset product).

I don't know if he's still around for a PM, but might be worth a searcharoonie.
                      It was through trusts but has never been tested but there was a case recently of a guy trusting his money out wish went badly for him. To be fair he was doing everything under the sun to look and act dodgy and they were not done properly but even so, on that basis I am off that idea.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X