• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A list of all the famous people I've seen and met. Can you do better?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    That was not Rolf Harris. That was Jimmy Savile.
    No I can believe it was Rolf Harris. (just a hunch)

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Never met/talked to anyone famous.

Seen:
    Gordon Banks, on a train (ok I've seen 100s of football players and the odd musician performing, but that doesn't really count does it?)
    Rich Hall, walking around Marylebone
    Craig Charles in a hotel bar in Maidstone.
    Rich Hall - good call. I've added him to my list, as I've seen him at some London comedy clubs.

Gok Wan and Matthew Kelly have been added to my list since this morning (as in I remember I've seen them).

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I'm assuming by 'at the theatre', OP meant in the audience, not on stage.
      Yes.

Comment

Met the Queen, bowed and said "your majesty" or something (she was visiting a security printing exhibition, my dad was one of the leading UK companies).

Spoke to Jeremy Clarkson on the TVR stand in Birmingham. He's pretty tall, looks much more weather-worn in RL and he spent most of his time eyeing the ex, the dirty bastard. He was pretty approachable and funny.

Saw Dick Emery in London with one of his many blonde floozies.

As a kid, spoke to Gary Glitter in Hamleys, my younger sister got a kiss - hehe.

Bumped into Harry Enfield in a coffee shop in Soho and actually apologised for doing so.

Spoke to Paul Daniels (sans wig before he went public) and Debbie Magee in Le Manga, Spain (we had a villa next to his).

Had a bit of a crush on Lisa Burke (Sky weather girl) and spoke to her on a few occasions in the office, someone at Sky grassed that I liked her (her image was on my PC desktop) and she sent me some signed photos and a letter, which was marginally better than a restraining order.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I would.
          Without the make-up it took me a while to work out who she was, only give away was you don't see many stupidly tall women on the tube.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

When I was skiing once we saw don Maclean (of crackerjack fame) in our hotel, and in the airport on the way home. I knew he was in the airport because a bunch of scousers started singing "American pie"

Comment

KUATB
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                From 2009 ??

All the famous people have died since then, and been replaced by a new lot..

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                  Met

George Bush Snr.
                  Alan Hicks (The guy who bought Liverpool FC).

Shoved out of my way

Dawn (IR35) Primarolo

Spoken to

Paul Gasgoine (Mental)
                  Rusty Lee
                  Michael Howard (A very nice man)
                  Tony Robinson
                  James Corden

Seen

Billie Piper
                  All the rest of the Dr. Who cast.
                  Rodney from Only Fools and Horses
                  Alan Carr
                  Queen
                  Princess Di
                  Rusty Lee!! Brilliant. I bet she is great to talk to. Best one so far for me.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What a long list that is!!
                    Spoken to:
                    Hattie Jacques - served her with some cold meat on a temp student job at Selfridges
                    Lord Beeching - He came round the coal board research place I worked at in my first job and said good morning. Then he closed it down, the bastard!
                    Seen (excluding shows etc):
                    Derek Hart (BBC broadcaster) outside London theatre
                    John Smith, Labour leader- Edinburgh airport
                    Denis Waterman - Heathrow airport
                    Alan Tichmarsh - coming out of a Motorway service station bog
                    Ross Noble - in town a couple of times - he lives locally,
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Oh yeh, I did once have a solictor, Mr Dawson. His grandad knew the Piltdown man.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X