• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A list of all the famous people I've seen and met. Can you do better?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Met remarkably few

Several of the Time Team guys (in a pub where we were having a CUK get together - see it's worth coming, you never know who you'll meet!)

Seen

The Queen
    6th Marquess of Bath (looking decidedly grumpy, hailing a taxi in St James's - not the current arty one, but his father)

edit 1: DOH! I _met_ the Time Team guys (so moved them into first section)

edit 2: Just remembered - I used to see Alan Sugar's roller when I was based in Brentwood (never saw him though)
    I still have fond (but hazy) memories of that night and getting a kiss from that geophis bloke
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Surely there's a difference between you and 100,000 other people paying £80 to see U2 live, compared to sharing a pitcher of margaritas with the edge, winging about what a bellend Bono is?

Comment

A list of all the famous people I've seen and met. Can you do better?

Melvyn Bragg awarded my degree certificate to me, does that count?

Comment

Met:
          • A few F1 drivers from the 90s and 2000s (inc. Damon Hill, Nigel Mansell, Jenson Button, both Schumachers, Nelson Piquet Sr. – I sat in and started his 1991 Benetton car too ) and Bernie Ecclestone at several F1 circuits
          • Paris Hilton & Tom Green in a Vegas hotel nightclub
          • Jonnie Ball gave me a technology prize (CREST award) when I was at school

Seen:
          • Sir Patrick Stewart (he lives nearby)
          Last edited by redgiant; 3 December 2012, 09:41.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Met:

Alain Roux
            Glynn Purnell
            Sat Bains
            Mike Myers
            James May

Seen:
            Agyness Deyn
            Charles Dance
            Jason Donovan
            Jeremy Beadle
            Jaime Winstone
            Charlie Cox
            Alan Rickman
            Prue Leith
            My wife and I had an after dinner chat with Alain Roux after we had dinner at the Waterside. His first comment when he walked over to our table after the normal introductions and viewing the empty serving display for the petite fours was 'Wow. No one ever finishes the Petite Fours'.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

My wife (before we met) once had a sauna with the whole of Take That.
              Bet That's not all she had. Fnah Fnah. geddit.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just a few that I can remember
                Liam Brady in a night club in Dublin when he was the manager of Celtic.
                Graeme Souness at the opening of a sports center when I was a kid
                Phil Neal at his testimonial
                Phil Thompson at his testimonial
                Steven Graham (actor) nearly every week

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
                  God

dooghie
                  Originally posted by John 1:18
                  No one has ever seen God. The only Son, who is truly God and is closest to the Father, has shown us what God is like.
                  1/10.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    During a quiet moment yesterday I decided to write a list of all the famous people I've spoken to in my life, and seen with the naked eye
                    I'm not sure I would advertise that publicly if I were you, but since you've issued the challenge ...

In a vague order of closeness to them

In the mid 1990s one of my mates was a close friend of the actor that now does the voices for the daleks and the cybermen on Dr Who, Nicholas Briggs. He used to visit from time to time and we'd spend the whole evening in the pub.

I've sat in a green room at the London Television Studios with Paul Ross and Bruno Brookes. I wasn't going on TV, Mrs Gonzo was.

I found myself using the urinal at the City Pride pub standing next to Steve Mcfadden. The London Marathon was on and that pub was a good place to watch it.

I stood next to PJ Harvey in the audience at a acoustic gig Frank Black played in Camden.

One night out drinking, Sir Timothy West and Prunella Scales were sat at the next table to us having a few drinks. They were in a play at our local theatre and had found the pub nearest to the theatre that would have a lock-in.

I have had lunch at a hotel in Barcelona while Thiery Henry having lunch at the next table. I couldn't remember who he was so had to text a mate to ask who the footballer was that did the 'va-va-voom' ads.

I was once in my local when Peter Davison stopped by and asked for directions.

I caught the same flight from London City to Copenhagen as the band New Young Pony Club. I didn't know who they were but I could tell that they were musicians and checked the line-up for the Roskilde festival that was on to work out who they had been.

I once watched an England v Germany football game in a pub on Clapham Common and Lisa Rogers was holding court in the same pub.

At Heathrow terminal 3, after a flight from the far east, Mrs Gonzo and I headed straight for the smoking area to find Gail Porter and her bloke were in there for the same reason.

From a distance

The Queen - hobnobbing with the owners and trainers in the parade ring at Newbury racecourse.

Mel Smith - hobnobbing with the owners and trainers in the parade ring at Newbury racecourse.

Harry Redknapp - in the crowd at Wincanton racecourse.

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                    Cleo Rocos lives in my building
                    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    I see her in Canary Wharf quite a lot.
                    I used to see her frequently at Canary Wharf too.

You'll see plenty of them in London if you keep your eyes open.

Fergal Sharkey - crossing the Euston Road.

Brian Blessed - at Waterloo.

Hugh Dennis - at Waterloo, he was saying goodbye to his dad who was wearing full Bishop's regalia.

Sean Hughes - walking around Covent Garden.

I've probably forgotten some. Well that was a waste of time for no conceivable benefit.

Comment

I received my degree from Sir Peter Ustinov, but that's all I can think of.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X