• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A list of all the famous people I've seen and met. Can you do better?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Julie Covington - lives in a Mews flat in Kilburn next to where I once worked.

Mad cat woman. I won't digress.

(oh, for those of you under 40 - she sang the original version of Don't Cry for me Argentina. And she used to be in a programme called Rockfollies).

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I had a one night stand with Kate Middleton a few weeks back, wonder what she's upto now
      I imagine she is still waiting for the Rohypnol to leave her system before contacting the police.

Comment

Jimmy Corkhill from Brookie used to hang round Euston and do the train up to Liverpool. I've met lots more important people but seeing him so close did make me happy.

lol

Comment

Most recent, Ross Noble, lives near me. Much less recent, John Smith, former Labour leader, at Edinburgh airport, Alan Titchmarsh coming out of the bog at a motorway service station, Dennis Waterman at Heathrow, Lord Beeching just before he closed down our coal research place, Hattie Jacques at Selfridges.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've met Mudskipper.

/thread
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oh, Including on stage etc. Quite a few more then, Marian Faithful, Rolling Stones at Hyde Park, lots at the IOW festival of 69, can't remember who.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I once worked behind a bar and Johnny Ball was a customer (Think of a Number).

He bought a big round, paid with a £50 note (in the 80s), that we shouldn't have accepted but it's Johnny Ball, and didn't leave a tip.

What a c**t...
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Oh, Including on stage etc. Quite a few more then, Marian Faithful, Rolling Stones at Hyde Park, lots at the IOW festival of 69, can't remember who.
                  Yeh, the Who were there, - me too!

Comment

Elon Musk at our dinner table at a do in Washington. Didn't have a clue who he was at the time....
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

No one.

I'm to stay out of history's way that might otherwise,,, never mind.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X