• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The English Lions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Turkeys; far easier to catch.
    And always good for a gobble.............

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

One match doesn't make a season, simple really
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        Oh dear, I can hear the bleating from here
        I'm not bleating about Wales, Howley got their strategy wrong , the opposing caoches didn't (esp the Pumas) and they were badly affected by a string of injuries to key players. The second half against the All Blacks (and Craig Joubert...) proved they can still play at that level.

Get everyone back to full strength and I'd rate England and Wales as equals. The Six Nations is still an open competition.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Baa baa baa
          Talking to your girlfriend again? Take her to the edge of a cliff so she will push back on you.

HTH BIDI.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            England win the grand slam and Lions selectors pick the England squad "en block" to tour Australia - Wales to supply the bag man and the Scots to supply the bus driver. < placeholder >
            Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            It would have been more impressive if the All Blacks were fully fit, of course. England played well because the were allowed to. It doesn't make them a good side.
            Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Not like the English to be smug about and go overboard is it?
            Well done Dodgy; bait, hook, line and sinker swallowed in one go.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              And always good for a gobble.............

Even for MF, I think Turkeys are fowl (); they really have no redeeming features at all other than they taste great.

Comment

I'd rather be watching rugby than bloody football....

Wales have a long way to go to get back to the 6 Nation/World cup quality level.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
                  I'd rather be watching rugby than bloody football....

Wales have a long way to go to get back to the 6 Nation/World cup quality level.

GE
                  Hmm, not that far; they need a bit more luck and they're doing the work to make it. Thing is about Aus/NZ and so on, if you've got them on the rack you can't just try to defend the lead, you have to keep hammering away and making the points, 3 at a time if necessary. They'll be good at the next World Cup, I'm sure.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Won't someone please think of the children

My wee lad had never seen the All Blacks lose, poor fella burst into tears. I nearly joined him.
                    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                      I'm not bleating about Wales, Howley got their strategy wrong , the opposing caoches didn't (esp the Pumas) and they were badly affected by a string of injuries to key players. The second half against the All Blacks (and Craig Joubert...) proved they can still play at that level.

Get everyone back to full strength and I'd rate England and Wales as equals. The Six Nations is still an open competition.
                      Wales = very poor first 2 games. Embarrassing.

Don't know about being equal to England. If you ask me its the beginning of the end for Wales with the regional idea failure coming home to roost.

We've got regional teams in wales that no-one watches and no-one cares about least of all the players.

Worse of all we've got no region representing the welsh valleys which is just appalling. Someone from the valleys would no more support a team from Cardiff than a welshman would support a team called England. Different worlds.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X