• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The End of Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End of Britain

IN another thread, Jog On mentioned a recent MoneyWeek report titled The End of Britain

It makes pretty grim reading, especially if you have significant savings and a private pension
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 6 June 2022, 17:46.

Comment

If all the stuff they say could happen does happen - and the article has more what-ifs than a Jehovah's Witnesses book about the end times - but, if it all comes to pass as they describe, I don't see how having a subscription to their magazine is really going to help.

Comment

Article ends saying to buy something for how to escape the coming crisis.

Comment

It also doesn't mention how one can acquire an AK47 and where best to secure your 6 months of tinned food and bottled water.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

The older I get the more time I have for Britain.

Maybe we are a bit skint these days and have a long habit of infighting but when it works it really does work well. From Watt to Shakespeare, Adam Smith to Churchill, Burns to Brunel, the Bell Lighthouse to Bishop Rock this nation of nations has a great ability.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              From Watt to Shakespeare, Adam Smith to Churchill, Burns to Brunel, the Bell Lighthouse to Bishop Rock
              Balvenie to Ginsters... hic!
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                The older I get the more time I have for Britain.

Maybe we are a bit skint these days and have a long habit of infighting but when it works it really does work well. From Watt to Shakespeare, Adam Smith to Churchill, Burns to Brunel, the Bell Lighthouse to Bishop Rock this nation of nations has a great ability.

Not only was it the greatest empire ever, in terms of power and extent
                but the greatest acheivement was that it managed it's own decline in such a delicate and nice way.

That NEVER happened before. that was/is a triumph of civilisised behaviour

anyone who has any sense of history would be damned proud to be British

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  but the greatest acheivement was that it managed it's own decline in such a delicate and nice way.

This
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

The decline is not over by a long way. And it might turn violent yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X