• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gadgets to drool over

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    There was a news feature this week on where they showed some pretty cool mini surveillance helicopters. I want one of those, but I can't find the news link. Anyone are it?
    Someone sent me a link of a Gadget Show - or something like Gadget show test of a couple of those. One was something like £27,000 and could support a normal sized SLR, so pretty much broadcast quality HD video and all controlled from a tablet. The other was much more sensible, but with a relatively low quality camera, but still quite a cool thing to have.

Can I find the link? No I can't. Sorry.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

£250 and I fly it with my phone.

AR.Drone 2.0. Parrot new wi-fi quadricopter- AR.Drone.com - HD Camera - Parrot

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Someone sent me a link of a Gadget Show - or something like Gadget show test of a couple of those. One was something like £27,000 and could support a normal sized SLR, so pretty much broadcast quality HD video and all controlled from a tablet. The other was much more sensible, but with a relatively low quality camera, but still quite a cool thing to have.

Can I find the link? No I can't. Sorry.
        I still cant find it. This is what they're worried about though.

What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I saw an excellent one this weekend, I think it was a Quadrocopter, with HD video camera, cost €799 but can't find any information about it
          Found it: ACME dr.one 400 QUADROCOPTER im Karstadt – Online Shop kaufen

I like specs, it also has video capability which you can look at on a screen or with special video glasses. The manufacturer
          Last edited by darmstadt; 8 December 2012, 16:47.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Actually a 2D red laser scanner memory pen would make a more practical and quite affordable present.
            Just use your smartphone camera...
            "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
              Good spot! I didn't realise they actually existed!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                EOS Metall-Laser-Sinter-Systeme (Kopie 1)

I am actually getting one of these (albeit for my birthday next year)....

IWOOT

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I still cant find it. This is what they're worried about though.

that is superb!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Helicopter with Video Camera: £19.99

Comment

Aforementioned video:

The Gadget Show | Episode 2: Iceland - UAVs by The Gadget Show's The Gadget Show
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X