• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you walk on by?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you walk on by?

BBC News - Anti-social behaviour: Two-thirds would 'walk on by'

Who are these 27% who would intervene? muppets. they will only end up getting arrested for abusing the little darlings human rights.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BBC News - Anti-social behaviour: Two-thirds would 'walk on by'

Who are these 27% who would intervene? muppets. they will only end up getting arrested for abusing the little darlings human rights.
    Or stabbed. too many kids with knives who dont understand the damage it can cause...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
      Or stabbed. too many kids with knives who dont understand the damage it can cause...
      The proportion who have knives - outside a few very specific areas you wouldn't be in anyway - is tiny.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        And if they haven't got a knife, they might have a gun.
        And if they don't have a gun, they might have a grenade.

Comment

Most people would walk by because there is little they can actually do and they risk becoming a target themselves.

If half a dozen drunks are shouting at people - what are you going to do?
          Walk over and tell them to button it?
          What do you think happens next?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I once saw a guy getting beaten up by a load of blokes in Cardiff and had to intervene, he was getting leathered and I couldn't stand by and let it happen.

My bad I didn't read the article.
            Last edited by The Spartan; 12 December 2012, 09:50. Reason: Read the article
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              I once saw a guy getting beaten up by a load of blokes in Cardiff and had to intervene, he was getting leathered and I couldn't stand by and let it happen.

My bad I didn't read the article.

well done Sir.

Now if the question had been what to do if you see someone getting a battering then the results would be different.

Comment

It's a generational thing. My Father is in his mid 70s and doesn't think twice about approaching gangs of youths, he even pushed one lippy one off his mountain bike. Almost always they back down when someone has the guts to face up to them. There are many half his age that are scared to even look at them, as a society we have become more gutless.
                Last edited by ZARDOZ; 12 December 2012, 10:20.

Comment

Have intervened, will do so again.

I spend a lot of time with teenagers from all walks and I've realised that they know exactly what most people think of them. Many of them just act up to the image that the are tarred with.

The times when I have intervened have all been a bit silly really - spur of the moment stuff which in hindsight has made me think "why did I get involved?", but hey ho, hindsight and all that.

My concern has always been plod knocking on my door based on a made-up accusation rather than the young people themselves kicking off/stabbing/shooting me.

Comment

You could always ring the police, if you can't handle i yourself.

Edit: referring to things like fights.
                    Last edited by Robinho; 12 December 2012, 11:46.

Comment

Working...
                    X