• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Themed Christmas Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Themed Christmas Cards

Was trying to find some Christmas cards in Sainsbury's, but every single one was themed.

To a great dad, Merry Christmas
    Happy New Year son
    To the best auntie in the World, Best wishes for Christmas
    To a generous sugar daddy, a Happy and Prosperous new Year

etc, etc, etc ...

Where are the general cards, that aren't addressed to a particular relative?

Eventually I did manage to find what I thought was an unthemed card, and bought a couple. But on unwrapping them they turned out to be gift boxes for DVDs!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Was trying to find some Christmas cards in Sainsbury's, but every single one was themed.

Happy New Year son

etc, etc, etc ...

Eventually I did manage to find what I thought was an unthemed card, and bought a couple. But on unwrapping them they turned out to be gift boxes for DVDs!
    Doesn't everyone just resend last years received cards and tipex over any writing inside ?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Happy New Year son

etc, etc, etc ...

Try waitrose
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Happy New Year son

etc, etc, etc ...

Cant you just buy a box of card from clintons - standard non themed ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          ooo 'ark at I'm all posh going to Clintons. Down to the Card Warehouse for me

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            I thought Clintons had gone bust
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

What's wrong with taking a photo of yourself on your iPhone, then printing it out with the words 'Happy Xmas from me'.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                What's wrong with taking a photo of yourself on your iPhone, then printing it out with the words 'Happy Xmas from me'.
                Spendthrift! Printing costs money; email it to 'em, and be done with it.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

I used to have the same trouble as everyone for my father was all a pack of lies, where was the "I barely tolerate you, but Happy Xmas" cards?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                    I used to have the same trouble as everyone for my father was all a pack of lies, where was the "I barely tolerate you, but Happy Xmas" cards?
                    My wife has the same problem with cards for her mother. What we need is a "Here you go you miserable old bag, pick fault with this." card.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X