• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Hairdo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Some advice required please - I have been temporarily disfigured whilst trying to light my granny's Esse cooker earlier today..
    that's all I needed before I burst out laughing.. top post gricers sockie

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Your best post to date. The fact that the others were tulipe should not dampen this praise.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Oh Gricer Poor old you. Bet you never thought you'd damage yourself stoking Granny's box.

I wouldn't draw on eyebrows - unless you want to look like Fanny Craddock would if she'd just sat on a spike. Simply do a comb-over, go in tomorrow and look them all in the eye. Should anyone be indelicate and refer to your facial hair, just tell them you have been playing Ziggy Stardust in your amateur dramatic society's Christmas production. That should shut them up.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Yeah, don't 'draw' the eyebrows on, that's just bound to look wrong.

For a natural look applying matte eyeshadow (in your haircolour) with a thin angled brush works best for filling in eyebrows, but anything decent is pricey and your eyebrows should return in about 2 weeks anyway.

My 'expert' (=female) opinion - don't worry. If anyone asks, well, it is a good story!

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
          Yeah, don't 'draw' the eyebrows on, that's just bound to look wrong.

For a natural look applying matte eyeshadow (in your haircolour) with a thin angled brush works best for filling in eyebrows, but anything decent is pricey and your eyebrows should return in about 2 weeks anyway.

My 'expert' (=female) opinion - don't worry. If anyone asks, well, it is a good story!
          Have you any make up tips to deal with the problem of gricer not actually being real ??
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I am terribly distraught about this as I have to go and pick up Malc from Bath Spa later this evening and I am anxious as to what effect my appearance will have on him. I am also starting at a new client co tomorrow and don't want to feel self conscious on my first day.
            Hi Gricer!

I've only just caught up with your hair-raising story. It must have been a shock! I know because I was in a restaurant once sharing some pork loin with a friend, and a lady on another table nearby leant too close to a candle and woof! The hairspray on her bouffant went up like a nidget.

Luckily a nice young waiter was close by and he dextrously threw a towel or something similar over her head, extinguishing the flames before any damage was done to her head. Coincidentally, as we are talking about hair, this was a restaurant in Barnet!

Anyway, my real reason for posting was to ask how your first day at the new contract went. Did you take the advice of the helpful ladies vis-a-vis masking the damage?

Comment

Shave the lot off for the Matt Lucas look. It'll then grow back more evenly.
              Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Hi Gricer!

I've only just caught up with your hair-raising story. It must have been a shock! I know because I was in a restaurant once sharing some pork loin with a friend, and a lady on another table nearby leant too close to a candle and woof! The hairspray on her bouffant went up like a nidget.

Luckily a nice young waiter was close by and he dextrously threw a towel or something similar over her head, extinguishing the flames before any damage was done to her head. Coincidentally, as we are talking about hair, this was a restaurant in Barnet!

Anyway, my real reason for posting was to ask how your first day at the new contract went. Did you take the advice of the helpful ladies vis-a-vis masking the damage?
                Hi DS

Malc was very supportive and lent me his Snooker Loopy T-shirt to wear. Then when I got home he was lying in wait to surprise me with a with a Sloppy Giuseppe

Comment

Hi DS

Malc was very supportive and lent me his Snooker Loopy T-shirt to wear. Then when I got home he was lying in wait to surprise me with a with a Sloppy Giuseppe
                  Good for Malc!

I was actually wondering whether you took any advice from the cosmetes on the board, about brow-liners and the like.

Comment

Working...
                  X