• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Upgrades

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. I've been upgraded twice on BA travelling from London to the US and have not been asked for any more dosh. It's purely at the discretion of the check-in or gate staff.

Make sure you ask them if they can mark you as SFU (Suitable for Upgrade) then if seats become available you'll be in with a shout.

Comment

If you want a seat with extra legroom on Virgin (by the door basically), it will cost you about £30 - but you have to get there early. Sometimes they will let you pre-book this seat, but most of the time it will be given to some short b@stard for free if no-one pays for it. Getting upgraded is unlikely if you have not flown them before and are not a member of their Frequent Flyer program. Drinks are free in cattle class. Check out www.virgin-atlantic.com for details.

Comment

On american you can go on their website and pick your own seat. I used to book my seat and then login and move myself to an exit row.

Comment

If you try to justify a seat with extra leg room becuse of you height, you will have no hope as almost everone tries it.

Just be chatty, polite and dressed reasonably smartly (No shell suites. This has worked a couple of times for me

Comment

You say free drinks is that soft or alcholic drinks.

NO SHELL SUIT just dropped my best one in the dry cleaners for a gold service ready for the big day

Comment

Working...
            X