• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you want miniskirts and low cut tops banned from the office?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A study found" - Daily Mail code for "We are printing a press release we received from a PR agency almost verbatim, and pretending it's journalism."

In this case, a press release promoting some fundraising drive by the British Heart Foundation. I'm all for the cause, but I wish the Mail would just put "free advertising: no facts included" in large letters at the top of such pieces, rather than pretending there's actual news of some kind in there.

Comment

Have we forgotten this already?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...rrestible.html
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        I used to spend the majority of the time staring at my female colleagues foreheads, I had no wish to be accused of peeking at the ample bosom on display below.
        Best job I had for attractive females was in Munich.

The downside was that I had no access to the computers that I needed to do the work, so I left out of disgust.

In hindsight I shouldn't have complained about the work, and instead taken up offers from the wimmin for days out at the weekend.

Damn damn damn, Too late now.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I worked for a famous clothing manufacturer in Brussels, 80% female environment. Being duty hero keeping their creaky old systems running hence letting them get their jobs done did bring some perks.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Why do I find myself wanting to vote for the ban

if we have a hands off policy in the office and all the old clichés about no sexual harassment stand. Then actually I would like the women in the office to dress appropriately, and respectfully. At the end of the day there are plenty of afterwork gatherings that we can go and ogle women or men if that's the preference.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

if we have a hands off policy in the office and all the old clichés about no sexual harassment stand. Then actually I would like the women in the office to dress appropriately, and respectfully. At the end of the day there are plenty of afterwork gatherings that we can go and ogle women or men if that's the preference.
              WHS, more eloquent than me.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm not a particularly girly girl - much more comfortable in jeans and t-shirt than skirt and heels.

Some (many) of the women at clientco (an IT service company - nothing fashion related) dress like they're out for a night on the town - you see them teetering about in the sort of heels that I couldn't wear for more than 12 seconds. I just don't get it - why would you turn up at the office unable to walk efficiently - mebbe I'm missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I'm not a particularly girly girl - much more comfortable in jeans and t-shirt than skirt and heels.

Some (many) of the women at clientco (an IT service company - nothing fashion related) dress like they're out for a night on the town - you see them teetering about in the sort of heels that I couldn't wear for more than 12 seconds. I just don't get it - why would you turn up at the office unable to walk efficiently - mebbe I'm missing something.
                  Alls I can say is well done you. People love attention and to be admired, but you need to be self aware at the same time.
                  A lot of these dedicated followers of fashion will wake up when they are 40, starting to sag and wrinkle, and suddenly realise that they dont have a fantastic personality after all

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

Why not go the whole hog and have them wear burkas to avoid you getting wood FFS. Just because some women reveal some skin doesn't mean they are available or even wanting untoward attention, it's called freedom of expression. By all means admire toned thighs and a pert bosom, but it doesn't mean the woman is looking for it, it's your self control and maturity that needs some work.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                      Why not go the whole hog and have them wear burkas to avoid you getting wood FFS. Just because some women reveal some skin doesn't mean they are available or even wanting untoward attention, it's called freedom of expression. By all means admire toned thighs and a pert bosom, but it doesn't mean the woman is looking for it, it's your self control and maturity that needs some work.
                      I think that's the problem - that is indeed the idea of the Burqa. The idea of dressing modestly is subjective - one man's modest is another man's slutty. When is an above the knee skirt too short?

Wikipedia has this translation of the verse from the Koran

"And say to the faithful women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings (khimars) to cover their bosoms (jaybs), and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule (slaves), or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to Allah together, O you the faithful, in order that you are successful"

So it's OK flaunt it in front of uncles, nephews and father in law.

Comment

Working...
                      X