• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour to win the next election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The coalition are banking on the economy being on the up by the time of the next election. Although this is what we all want (Labour politician's excepted), there is alot on the horizon that is going to delay an serious upturn, the EU crisis, the US budget issues etc.

However, assuming an upturn is here by 2015, I do believe much of the electorate will give the Conservatives another chance. Not many will vote Liberal, Labour will be able to depend on its vote, the UKIP support is soft, I think if Cameron is able to deal with the concerns over the EU, the UKIP support will shrink to almost nothing.

Someone mentioned Labour support in Scotland, if I was Cameron I would be backing Scottish independence, this will make it much easier to get a true Conservative government at Westminster.

Anyone considering voting UKIP should take a look at their policies on their website, very lacking in detail on how they will actually do things.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      The prospect of Ed Balls running this economy scares the bejesus out of me, GB may well be shafted but FFS please don't let Labour back in at this point.
      The balls/milliband combo is absolutely terrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
        Anyone considering voting UKIP should take a look at their policies on their website, very lacking in detail on how they will actually do things.

The Tory policies are very detailed, then they completely ignore them.

I'd rather a party that has broad policies and follows them thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X