• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yay - Africa it is.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    Thats good then - I wont bump into a ignorant, naive, biggoted, narrow minded, ignorant, hard of thinking, ignorant, etc, etc...

Did I say ignorant BTW?
    That will be the least of your worries in those places! lol

Comment

How would you know?
      Beer
      is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

As someone plannng to take early retirement in africa to live of my ill gotten contracting gains(once the kids are old enough to go to uni), ive been testing all these "Africa is dodgy claims".

I head into the worst part of town with 20 quid in the local currency, and a tulipe phone that cost £5 from cash converters. Find a bar, buy a few beers and get chatting to the locals. By the time i leave i have 5 new phone numbers and the guys ive been chatting to get me a trusted taxi driver to take me home. Once the driver fell ill so the guy Id been drinking with drove me himself. That was probably the only time I felt at risk.
        Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
          As someone plannng to take early retirement in africa to live of my ill gotten contracting gains(once the kids are old enough to go to uni), ive been testing all these "Africa is dodgy claims".

I head into the worst part of town with 20 quid in the local currency, and a tulipe phone that cost £5 from cash converters. Find a bar, buy a few beers and get chatting to the locals. By the time i leave i have 5 new phone numbers and the guys ive been chatting to get me a trusted taxi driver to take me home. Once the driver fell ill so the guy Id been drinking with drove me himself. That was probably the only time I felt at risk.

umbongo.

you sound like my kind of guy
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

So to sum up, there are some people in the thread who've been to Africa and say they had a great time. There are a couple who haven't been and think it's dreadful.

I think EO can draw his own conclusions.

Gladly, the narrow minded short sighted scaredypants types won't be going; that's good for Africa's future because they've had enough experience of scared, bigoted white guys.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              So to sum up, there are some people in the thread who've been to Africa and say they had a great time. There are a couple who haven't been and think it's dreadful.

I think EO can draw his own conclusions.

Gladly, the narrow minded short sighted scaredypants types won't be going; that's good for Africa's future because they've had enough experience of scared, bigoted white guys.
              You must spread it around etc....

Comment

Was that the time when they used to be able to make their own food and not starve as the whites ran the farms?

And lets face it, if Africa is so brilliant and that's where you are from, what are you doing here with all these bigoted white people? Live by your convictions, I certainty do.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  Was that the time when they used to be able to make their own food and not starve as the whites ran the farms?

And lets face it, if Africa is so brilliant and that's where you are from, what are you doing here with all these bigoted white people? Live by your convictions, I certainty do.
                  Oh dear, you actually enjoy being ignorant don't you?

Comment

Oh dear, you actually enjoy being ignorant don't you?
                    Your retorts are as unchallenging as assguru's. Cant reply to an argument, so just say the same word again and again. Did that work since infants?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                      Your retorts are as unchallenging as assguru's. Cant reply to an argument, so just say the same word again and again. Did that work since infants?
                      No, I told you to find out more about African history; it'll take you a few years to become a beginner. Until then I have no desire to discuss complex issues with someone who is obviously, in sasguru's words, a cretin.

Comment

Working...
                      X