• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Outsourcing doesn't work...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Well you need to factor in these things, also a lapsed catholic ( I think I've practised enough) but easter hols, are easter hols. Its also like working with a US firm on independence day and thanksgiving, the aint going to be in the office.

We're talking about national holidays here. Also cultural differences are a big deal, if you deal with France or Spain, forget contacting them from about 12-3pm, if you deal with Holland, forget contacting them after 3pm on a Friday (they like to "celebrate" the weekends aka feck orf early).

If you're dealing with other nationalities and cultures then factor in, holidays and cultural anomalies. Simples!
    Problem with India is there's so many holidays, and many are regional depending on the dominant religion.

Comment

Do all us blokes get March 14th off then?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Problem with India is there's so many holidays, and many are regional depending on the dominant religion.
        The same in Switzerland.

I came across one chap whose sales area is in the Catholic part so he doesn't work on Catholic holidays.

His head office is in a Protestant part, so he can't call up with customer queries, so gets those days off too.

Win - win.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Do all us blokes get March 14th off then?
          Some of us wimmin don't care about Feb 14th, so no.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Some of us wimmin don't care about Feb 14th, so no.
            I thought you wanted Bacon Roses from Mr N?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Project manager needs a shoeing, they should have planned for this.

Offshore to China and not factor in a major holiday. Feckin' eejit.
              I was working for a multinational based in Switzerland, implementing a new system in the UK. Go live was for 1st May. Which was fine, except the numpties forgot that 1st May is a public holiday at HQ - where all the support staff were sited.

Thankfully, the first major failure happened 2nd May.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                A bank actually offshore to China? WTF!
                Judging by my own (admittedly limited) experience in this area, plus the Bob horror stories on here, outsourcing to China seems eminently sensible.

Outsourcing to India is simply reckless.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Judging by my own (admittedly limited) experience in this area, plus the Bob horror stories on here, outsourcing to China seems eminently sensible.

Outsourcing to India is simply reckless.
                  I have to agree. The Chinese are a clever successful race, so obviously more of a threat.

Comment

I am not doubting the the ability of the Chinese but they had a good old attempt at the client co servers recently, very probably state sponsored.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      Working for a major Irish Bank - SEPA...

Testing going on SIT and NFT, friday on big conf call as why progress is not great...

Answer came eventually - off shored not to India this time but to China and they'd all fooked off back home for Chinese New Year without telling anyone...

Can't see me working in China and clearing off back home for Lent!
                      You could try and phone them at home. Their numbers are in the China Phonebook, they can't all be wong
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X