• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tits 'n' arse!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Should have stayed a contractor!
    You dont seem very good at being a permie Manager. I predict you'll be back to contracting in the next 12 months. Of course you'll sell it as your decision, but everyone here will suspect you got sacked.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Seriously? They drug test contractors?
      'Tis common in the US. We had some fun with US colleagues and forged 'you have been selected for a random drug test' emails following a course in Amsterdam
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        You dont seem very good at being a permie Manager. I predict you'll be back to contracting in the next 12 months. Of course you'll sell it as your decision, but everyone here will suspect you got sacked.
        Highly probable.

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        'Tis common in the US. We had some fun with US colleagues and forged 'you have been selected for a random drug test' emails following a course in Amsterdam
        European HR told the US to take a running jump when they opened the Amsterdam office.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Highly probable.
          I suggest you roll a very large spliff and consider your options young man
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Seriously? They drug test contractors?
            Why do test contractors get all the good stuff? Have to drug all of them to work with MF!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

you are doing it all wrong man!

In the permie world it is not about what you get done it is about whose d!ck you are sucking and who you can blame!

c'mon get your blame coat on and find some poor sap to make stories up about to make yourself look good.

Remember you are the most important human being on the planet - everyone else just exists for your benefit..

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                you are doing it all wrong man!

In the permie world it is not about what you get done it is about whose d!ck you are sucking and who you can blame!

c'mon get your blame coat on and find some poor sap to make stories up about to make yourself look good.

Remember you are the most important human being on the planet - everyone else just exists for your benefit..
                But MF's been out of the game so long (as a contractor) that he can no longer play the game well.

worse MF os up against Americans who are already two steps ahead of him.

as I asked far earlier in this thread
                Originally posted by eek View Post
                Are you sure you're cut out for this permie lark?

But more seriously - Commiserations. When things go wrong management usual do something even stupider to solve what they think the issue is.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  But MF's been out of the game so long (as a contractor) that he can no longer play the game well.

worse MF os up against Americans who are already two steps ahead of him.

as I asked far earlier in this thread
                  Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm cut out for this permie lark.

What's the market like?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm cut out for this permie lark.

What's the market like?
                    Don't know as I'm sat at a cushy clientco and my plan b is such that chances are this is the last one.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

My fookin US contractor has decided not to turn up to site on Tuesday stating that he picked up another role in the two weeks it took to 'drugs test and background check' him for this role, having a dig stating that it was a joke he had to take a drugs test.

In other news, one of my permies has gone AWOL for two days after a bad review! WTF is wrong with people!!!

Should have stayed a contractor!
                      Simple solution; if you want to make people sit around and wait for 2 weeks before starting, pay them a retainer.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X