• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Missing me ole pals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    It's a bit like life really. We will all die and after a while we will be forgotten.... Hence we need religion to make sense out of this otherwise crazy and pointless existence.
    brought a tear to my eye.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      brought a tear to my eye.
      Think you need to get yourself down to the whore house too. I can give you some, er, suggestions...

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
        Think you need to get yourself down to the whore house too. I can give you some, er, suggestions...
        I'm ok thanks, I have the Internet...

Comment

I've been a victim of this and its been down to management pressure at one place because they saw ending the contract as rejecting a full time role.

I found it upsetting at the time, until one guy mailed me and let slip that the boss wasn't happy I left....

Comment

Very occasionally you will hook up with someone who turns into a mate but almost everyone else will be a friend of convenience. You are helping them get through the day and vice versa, game of footy, the odd ale etc.
            Easy to test this, you leave, get an invite to a get together and spend the time saying - is so and so still there, does phil still come in late every day blah blah. Then they will start talking about something that happened that week. You weren't there, all you had in common was you worked together, it's all over, move on.
            3 weeks after anyone leaves, no-one even remembers what they look like....

Comment

Working...
            X