• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslim Teasmaid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslim Teasmaid

I once stayed in a hotel in Abu Dhabi that provided its guests with a, teasmaid in the form of a replica of the Blue Mosque.

At your allotted wake up time, the call to prayer would be issued from its plastic minarets and a door would spring open out of which would emerge the Grand Mufti with a piping hot glass of mint tea.

I've always fancied one of these myself but have never seen them on sale. Anyone know where I can get one?

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    I once stayed in a hotel in Abu Dhabi that provided its guests with a, teasmaid in the form of a replica of the Blue Mosque.

At your allotted wake up time, the call to prayer would be issued from its plastic minarets and a door would spring open out of which would emerge the Grand Mufti with a piping hot glass of mint tea.

I've always fancied one of these myself but have never seen them on sale. Anyone know where I can get one?
    Istanbul would be my guess. I'll get a staff member to go hunting and find the price.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Have you tried this website? Mosque Clock . com - Home of the mosque shaped alarm clock

Dunno if they make tea though!
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

No seen the teasmade variant, but a chap I used to work with did a lot of business in Oman, and had a mosque alarm clock with the azzan as the alarm tone.

You can get one here . . . Muslim Mosque Alarm Clock Azan athan azaan Call to Prayer on eBay!
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Why not send the hotel an e-mail and ask them where they buy their teasmaids?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You could have an Al Qaeda alarm clock that, at the allotted time, explodes..

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              You could have an Al Qaeda alarm clock that, at the allotted time, explodes..
              Or the UK Contractor alarm clock that won't make you a coffee but will drink enormous amounts of it, will go off when it feels like it as it can't be directed by the user but will print an invoice at precisely the same time of day without fail for the rest of it's working life.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've recently bought one of these, Special-T, but you can't get them in the UK...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  I've recently bought one of these, Special-T, but you can't get them in the UK...
                  So much for being partners in the EU.. No bloody UK option on the front page... Racists.

Do you get the cups with it? You will look a right nonce drinking tea out of those...
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Or the UK Contractor alarm clock that won't make you a coffee but will drink enormous amounts of it, will go off when it feels like it as it can't be directed by the user but will print an invoice at precisely the same time of day without fail for the rest of it's working life.
                    A CUK Teasmade would stay in the shop and wake you up by email.

Comment

Working...
                    X