• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget 2013

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
    Unlikely, the £2,000 is per employer, so a brolly with a 1,000 contractors will only save £2 per client!
    My fault for not paying too much attention I can see exactly what you mean now, thanks
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      1p off a pint, or buy 300, get one free!

300? I'm guessing you're oop norf?

Comment

Anyone paying a salary above the NIC threshold will benefit in that the employer NIC payable will effectively be refunded upto £2,000.

This will only apply from April 2014.

Although any tax cut is a help, it will still be marginally more tax efficient to remain on a salary of £7,696 (2013/14) than pay more due to the employee NIC that will still be payable.

That said, if you do pay more than the £7,696 as a salary, then you will benefit but it is not enough to suggest a change in our advice.

Alan
        Thanks for that Alan. As I pay myself a salary well above that I should benefit.

Comment

It works out about £22k salary before employer's NI comes in now.

Comment

Anyone paying a salary above the NIC threshold will benefit in that the employer NIC payable will effectively be refunded upto £2,000.
            I assumed that wouldn't apply to directors/owners so would exclude the likes of us. Osbourne said something like "anyone with a small business looking to take on a new employee...".

There was some stuff about employee share schemes and changes to CGT as well.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
              Although I dislike Milliband, he destroyed the budget, the chancellor, PM Cabinet and Government with that response. Tories are dead.
              Who let this clown back in?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                I assumed that wouldn't apply to directors/owners so would exclude the likes of us. Osbourne said something like "anyone with a small business looking to take on a new employee...".

Thought he said any business? If you get paid any form of salary as opposed to just divis then you are an employee I think?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  Thought he said any business? If you get paid any form of salary as opposed to just divis then you are an employee I think?
                  Maybe, but that sounds like a controversy in the making. "Millionaire business owners get £2K tax cut meant for new employees".
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

From what I can see, it will apply to all employers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                      That would probably make more of a difference if you were working through a brolly I suspect
                      Won't make much difference to any company of a reasonable size - if they have 500 contractors, that's £4 each a year, assuming that they pass it on.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X