• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    If only I'd listened.

119 hours I'll never get back.
    This, started off with an excellent premise and then descended into utter tripe.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
      This, started off with an excellent premise and then descended into utter tripe.
      That sounds naggingly like something else I can't quite put my finger on.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Did anything happen in the end?
        it was all a dream

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
          it was all a dream
          FFS. You need to watch it again, or read the directors explanation if you were incapable of working it out for yourself.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Lost is wierd. I think it's kind of crap, but at the same time I'm completely hooked.
            What Younger Me Said.

I binged watched it all again about 2 years ago, and got hooked all over again. It's fair to say the last couple of years got a bit convoluted, and the end was a bit "meh", but still one of my favourite ever TV shows.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
              The Walking Dead

Used to be about smacking zombies

is now a soap opera

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                The Walking Dead

is now a soap opera
                I thought that about the first series of Walking Dead. 5 minutes of zombie action followed by 40 minutes of everyone talking about their feelings.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The Walking Dead

is now a soap opera
                  The story is pretty much written though, as it's based on graphic novels (quite closely so far).

A lot of these septic-tank series things suffer from early success and TV channels usually decide after a couple of seasons that it's working really well and ask writers to flesh out and extend. That happened to Breaking bad just after the middle and there was a season or a season and a half that were kinda put there to push the end out by a year or so.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

The Walking Dead

is now a soap opera
                    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    I thought that about the first series of Walking Dead. 5 minutes of zombie action followed by 40 minutes of everyone talking about their feelings.
                    TWD was never about the zombies... that's rather the point.

I'm a fan but S1 in particular was not about smacking zombies - a whole episode would go by without anything happening and somehow that was still scary.

The first couple of seasons were also like children's cartoons compared to where we are now - I don't know that's a good change since gratuitous gore and violence gets a bit dull.

I think we're supposed to view Rick as some sort of hero but the longer we go the more he just seems to be a dick who keeps ruining everything!
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      The story is pretty much written though, as it's based on graphic novels (quite closely so far).

A lot of these septic-tank series things suffer from early success and TV channels usually decide after a couple of seasons that it's working really well and ask writers to flesh out and extend. That happened to Breaking bad just after the middle and there was a season or a season and a half that were kinda put there to push the end out by a year or so.
                      And then ironically they could have spun the last season or half-season out into at least another season... it was like they dawdled in the middle then were in a rush to get it over.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X