• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Man Flu!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Asthma can either be an over-reaction to foreign bodies or a natural reaction to bacteria and virus.

Once asthmatic suffers get out in the country, the symptoms usually disappear.

Having a mild dose of bacteria will not prevent anyone from getting a dose of the same and falling ill later in life. An African friend of mine quite rightly pointed out that hygiene in the UK is appalling and if we had the same climate as Central Africa; the lack of hygiene would result in epidemics.
    I had pretty serious asthma as a kid, couple of times in an oxygen tent. As soon as I started smoking it disappeared so using the old CUK formula of 'if it happened, it must be true' then smoking is good for you!

I'm not too sure about asthmatics in the country quote though. I lived in Africa for a while and never had a problem, moved to the UK in the country and wallop, there it was. Allergies to grass, milk and mites were the main culprits...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I'm not too sure about asthmatics in the country quote though.
      Me neither. Mrs SB used to suffer from occasional bouts of asthma when we lived in rural Wilts. She blamed it on pollen and grass/hay particles etc., or at least her GP did.
      Since moving to the seaside it has not bothered her at all in almost 12 years.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Man flu, Mammy flu & small child flu Anyone close by to paint a big fecking 'X' on the door

Ugh!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Man flu, Mammy flu & small child flu Anyone close by to paint a big fecking 'X' on the door

Ugh!
          I've got a phone number for the Health Protection Agency
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            I've got a phone number for the Health Protection Agency
            I used to drive past that place when I went to meetings at the place next door.

Funny, I don't recollect getting manflu during that project...

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Ugh!

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

Good old fashioned remedies bud. Lemon, honey and hot water in a mug. Dash of Bellls for littlun if he asks for it
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Good old fashioned remedies bud. Lemon, honey and hot water in a mug. Dash of Bellls for littlun if he asks for it
                You mean whisky.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  You mean whisky.
                  Aye but I wouldn't waste the good stuff on a toddy.

Comment

Try rubbing garlic into the soles of your feet

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

There are some things even those guys won't touch.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X