• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

idiots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    LGB became LGBT became LGBT* when they realised there are far to many variations ... * for miscellaneous (LGBT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

A stands for "association" in my context.

But technically I'm wrong, LGBT* is about sexuality not gender-identity.

My interpretation was almost right then.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      LGB became LGBT became LGBT* when they realised there are far to many variations ... * for miscellaneous (LGBT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

A stands for "association" in my context.

But technically I'm wrong, LGBT* is about sexuality not gender-identity.
      Right, so if you recognise transsexuals in the various phases of transition as one seperate gender group then there should at least be an option for trisexuals. Or more.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Why does gender matter at all in this day and age? Unless it's a dating site.
        Tax system?

Insurance quotes?

I am sure there are plenty of other examples.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          Tax system?

Insurance quotes?

I am sure there are plenty of other examples.
          well it relates to identification so I can see that it is required.

I have seen more, for example a personnel system in an African country where there were records for wives (many-to-one) and they included the wives' heights. This was to help ID in the case of someone claiming to be a wife and obtaining company medical treatment.
          Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

woofter=7
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Let's not be too hasty - "NOTSURE" is 7 bytes
              Not in unicode, it ain't!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog
                How very insensitive. Don't they realise how many different kinds of cheese there are? Do you think a creamy dolcelatte wants to be treated like a nice bit of crumbly cheshire?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Trying to use as few bytes as possible is exactly the thinking that caused the millennium bug. This shows remarkable foresight.
                  What bug? Do you mean a fear of bugs?

People were drafted in by the dozen to scour mainframe code for dates and when it was all over, claimed expert status, screwing the market for a couple of years as I remember

Comment

7 is indeed correct!

It covers Male/Female/Pervert

Comment

But what about percentages? How will it cope with that?

BBC News - Richard O'Brien: ?I'm 70% man'
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X