• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My lad!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lad!

Clippy might like this, my 18 yo son (nothing Jimmy Savile about this!) playing guitar, Anastasia by Slash (his audition piece - was for a comp. too but US only we just discovered...) and as a request from me, The Spirit of Radio by Rush, that fast intro for me is impossible, my lad got it, not sure if I'm proud or annoyed...

I can possibly be identified by this, but who cares, I've already facebooked myself here, just playing the proud dad atm..

and Rush, rushed - few mistakes!

Well done yer lad

He's got the fingers for sure I really enjoyed those and that Rush tune brought back memories. I can't quite see the headstock is that a genuine Les Paul?

If he has any of his own compositions I'd love to hear them.

PS Timing is everything and he's got that nailed.
    Last edited by Cliphead; 31 March 2013, 19:29.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Well done yer lad

He's got the fingers for sure I really enjoyed those and that Rush tune brought back memories. I can't quite see the headstock is that a genuine Les Paul?

If he has any of his own compositions I'd love to hear them.
      It's a Gibson LP Studio summert - it is a genuine Gibbo - I know I paid for it!!

He does his own stuff - I'll upload, he's a bit too Metal for me at the mo, I'm trying to educate him, not so much metal but more stuff, balance...

Lemme find that demo he did with no drums and guitar tuned down for over-dubbed bass, ahhh I used to do that!

Comment

Here we go Clippy - his own composition, with tuned down git for bass like we used to do!!

Good tune I reckon, have the finished version too for his then band which is not great in my opinion...

Comment

Aye, a good tune for sure and enjoyed listening to that too. It begs a song to go along with it if there isn't already which would just complete it.

If you have any influence at all get him away from covers and moving towards writing.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Aye, a good tune for sure and enjoyed listening to that too. It begs a song to go along with it if there isn't already which would just complete it.

If you have any influence at all get him away from covers and moving towards writing.
            I'll add the finished version, not IMHO good but there u go - covers are for music college stuff and my own fetish, I have (had) a vast array of riffs and progressions which he has nicked and called his own in the time honoured way...

Comment

Here's two others, the band is RLC - Revenge Loves Company, can't find the finished version of the demo one....

And..

Comment

Well done that lad! Is he self taught? Metal not my bag but can appreciate the skills

My brother had a similar story, surprised us all as a teenager turned into a bit of a virtuoso on guitar stuff, done well for himself now, has had stuff played on Radio and TV.
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Very good Stekkers.

Not musical myself so I can't provide any constructive criticism, other than saying that I am impressed by your boy's playing.

Does he take requests?

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                    Well done that lad! Is he self taught? Metal not my bag but can appreciate the skills

My brother had a similar story, surprised us all as a teenager turned into a bit of a virtuoso on guitar stuff, done well for himself now, has had stuff played on Radio and TV.
                    He's been playing three years, now at Music College, he's been a total pain in the arse during his teenage years but now he seems to have found some direction with this stuff, costing me a fortune in guitars and Apple software now! He's my Plan B!

Metal not my bag either, tho Rush is! I've got him working his way through the outro for I Am The Resurrection, lets see how that goes....

Comment

Working...
                    X