• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Postal charges for items with glass

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "Don't use" for Hermes here if you're going to be shipping glass. They delivered a package to mine today and just chucked it over a six foot fence.

DPD are excellent though, although I don't know what their prices are like. They send an email & SMS to the receiver allowing them to reschedule/leave with neighbour etc and always arrive within the hour window they stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

DPD are excellent though, although I don't know what their prices are like. They send an email & SMS to the receiver allowing them to reschedule/leave with neighbour etc and always arrive within the hour window they stated.
      I sometimes pay a few quid extra (which depends on size and cost of item) to get parcels delivered by DPD over Royal Mail or other courier just because they will do this.

Depending on how many items that are being shipped per month and standard delivery times it may be worth giving consumers the option of DPD or Royal Mail parcel post.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Calling all plan b'ers ...

I am working with a friend and they have just been hit with a massive increase in postal charges as they ship items that contain glass (picture frames) and the cost has gone upto £10 per item.

Has anyone used other couriers Hermes etc.. and what are your views on them.
        I have read/heard bad things about certain couriers and would like to see if anyone has been in this situation and how they overcame it

Thanks

5*
        Royal Mail are fecking useless. Sy02 has to issue a refund to an ebay er as they lost a parcel she sent recorded delivery. You have to wait nearly a month after the item was shipped before claiming compensation, and even after that they say the parcel may still get delivered. The don't track the parcel so they have no idea where it is.

So you have to issue the refund, claim compensation and then get told to bog off as they eventually delivered the parcel, albeit a month late, and some random ebay er gets a free phone.

So avoid the RM as they re fecking useless.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
        X