• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What were you doing when Thatcher was at the peak of her power?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on the dolio, bringing up a kid. desperate for a way out. Then she brought in her much maligned schemes

and I was one of the lucky ones
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I was on the dolio, bringing up a kid. desperate for a way out. Then she brought in her much maligned schemes

YOP?

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
        To only comment on things that affected me personally - well her opposition to the German reunification was pretty outrageous. (I am however utterly amused that Kohl and Merkel have somehow completely forgotten about that, judging by their official reactions to her death.)
        Thatcher was right to be worried about German reunification: it could have upset the Russians at the time.

Anyway, a fat lot of good reunification has done the Germans. With 87m people and a strong economy they are now the dominant force in Europe, which is exactly what they don't want to be.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          If you see it as ongoing hatred for actions now well in the past, as I suppose would be reasonable if you were not around then, then you might well find it ridiculous. I can let the past go, but to me this is not the past: for me, she took my civilised country and broke it, and it is still broken.
          That's one view. Here is another, you're talking sh!te.

Thatcher saved us from ever being held to ransom by unions again.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Not THAT lucky though EO. You ended up in the REME didn't you?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              That's one view. Here is another, you're talking sh!te.

Thatcher saved us from ever being held to ransom by unions again.
              Well now we have the bosses of the big banks who have been bailed out with billions of tax-payers money holding the country to ransom.
              Why are million pound bonuses being paid to employees of failed, now state owned banks?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Well now we have the bosses of the big banks who have been bailed out with billions of tax-payers money holding the country to ransom.
                Why are million pound bonuses being paid to employees of failed, now state owned banks?
                I see the Daily Mail has listed your friends:

Margaret Thatcher: Crawling out of the woodwork, the old Lefties spewing bile about Lady Thatcher | Mail Online

The failure of the banks happened under labours watch. If you are saying that Thatcher should never have deregulated the banking system then say itcand argue it or make some sort of attempt to argue the link.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  Anyway, a fat lot of good reunification has done the Germans. With 87m people and a strong economy they are now the dominant force in Europe, which is exactly what they don't want to be.
                  Well THEY'VE changed their bloody tune!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Well THEY'VE changed their bloody tune!!!

Of course they dont but they are more than happy to be living lives of luxury at the expense of the mediterranean EU states
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      I see the Daily Mail has listed your friends:

Margaret Thatcher: Crawling out of the woodwork, the old Lefties spewing bile about Lady Thatcher | Mail Online

The failure of the banks happened under labours watch. If you are saying that Thatcher should never have deregulated the banking system then say itcand argue it or make some sort of attempt to argue the link.
                      Your obsession with Thatcher is a bit freaky.
                      Try and argue ( to use your demotic argot) my point about banks holding the country to ransom you little retard of a man.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X