• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Police Scalp after Thatchers Death

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Police Scalp after Thatchers Death

BBC News - Thatcher 'death Tweet' policeman Jeremy Scott quits
    Coffee's for closers

What a berk.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I love social media. One jokey comment which you could say to friends and you ruin your life.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I love social media. One jokey comment which you could say to friends and you ruin your life.
        strange if you lie, cheat, steal, threaten your mistress and you get promoted, have sex on duty, use blue lights to get a pizza and no one notices, but wish a dead politician a nasty afterlife and you have to resign.

A disciplinary meeting would have been sufficient, its not like its going to affect his performance or he called her the N word.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          But you're not saying it to your friends. If you tell your mate "my boss is a dick" they laugh. If you put an advert in the newspaper "my boss is a dick" you get fired. If you claim someone stole your work to your mummy, nothing happens. If you do so publicly, you get taken to court.

If you have a wank at home, it's fine. If you do it in public, you get in trouble.

What is so hard to understand that saying/doing something publicly where it can affect other people - typically the person you're talking about though not in this case of course - is different than saying it in private?

Comment

I think FaceBerk and twerper blur the line, many people put stuff on there I wouldn't even say to people's faces.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              strange if you lie, cheat, steal, threaten your mistress and you get promoted, have sex on duty, use blue lights to get a pizza and no one notices, but wish a dead politician a nasty afterlife and you have to resign.

A disciplinary meeting would have been sufficient, its not like its going to affect his performance or he called her the N word.
              Policemen are forbidden from making or showing any political biased... they are trained on this and its in their contracts, they must never appear to be on one side of the politics or the other. So it was right to sack him (even though he resigned) for making a political related statement.

Comment

I think FaceBerk and twerper blur the line, many people put stuff on there I wouldn't even say to people's faces.
                They do indeed, people seem to think because it's "the internet" it's therefore "free" and their actions cannot have repercussions.

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                Policemen are forbidden from making or showing any political biased... they are trained on this and its in their contracts, they must never appear to be on one side of the politics or the other. So it was right to sack him (even though he resigned) for making a political related statement.
                Good point, they are held to a higher standard than us oiks

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                  ok, makes sense.

still think its a lesser crime than the others.

Comment

ok, makes sense.

still think its a lesser crime than the others.
                    I must disagree, its extremely dangerous for the whole society when policemen start to have political agendas... think about it !!

Comment

Working...
                    X