Thatcher Funeral- Unofficial Lets Get Ready To Rumble Thread Thatcher Funeral- Unofficial Lets Get Ready To Rumble Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    TykeLike

    SimonMac is always on top

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    24,004

    Default Thatcher Funeral- Unofficial Lets Get Ready To Rumble Thread

    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  2. #2

    bored now

    eek is always on top

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    24,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    This thread is a trademark infringement. See Michael Buffer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Its why the PJ and Duncan song became lets get ready to rhumble.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  3. #3

    More fingers than teeth

    DodgyAgent is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,455

    Default

    Will the hypocretins be out today? or will they be off shopping thus fuelling the materialistic greed bestowed upon them by Thatcherism
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

  4. #4

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,822

    Default

    I hate Thatcher because

    She closed down my coal mine (thus giving me and my children a chance to not have work 12 hours a day digging rocks out of the ground so I could earn just enoight to die a horrible death of blacklung at 50)

    She took away my school mile (oh apparently she did not)

    Hmm think I am in the wrong thread!

  5. #5

    TykeLike

    SimonMac is always on top

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    24,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    I hate Thatcher because

    She closed down my coal mine (thus giving me and my children a chance to not have work 12 hours a day digging rocks out of the ground so I could earn just enoight to die a horrible death of blacklung at 50)

    She took away my school mile (oh apparently she did not)

    Hmm think I am in the wrong thread!
    Its ok, we are in General so facts don't need to be factual.

    Like most people I don't hate the woman, because I was too young to be directly effected by her policies, my parents weren't miners or in a union so never saw her break them, but growing up in the 80's meant I benefited from her economic that lifted the country as a whole.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    18,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Will the hypocretins be out today? or will they be off shopping thus fuelling the materialistic greed bestowed upon them by Thatcherism
    Is it a national holiday as well? Do schoolkids all get little Union Jacks to wave? Will there be street parties with "knees up muvver Brown"? If not, then I suspect most people are working which is probably what she would have wanted...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  7. #7

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Its ok, we are in General so facts don't need to be factual.

    Like most people I don't hate the woman, because I was too young to be directly effected by her policies, my parents weren't miners or in a union so never saw her break them, but growing up in the 80's meant I benefited from her economic that lifted the country as a whole.
    She didn't get everything right (who does?), but at least she didn't hate success, which is something it seems a lot of politicians do. She also understood that you can't tax yourself to wealth and happiness, and I wish she had found the chance to explain that to the Dutch government.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  8. #8

    More fingers than teeth

    DodgyAgent is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Is it a national holiday as well? Do schoolkids all get little Union Jacks to wave? Will there be street parties with "knees up muvver Brown"? If not, then I suspect most people are working which is probably what she would have wanted...
    You contractors can take whatever time you want off to spend the riches you have earned thanks to Thatcherism
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

  9. #9

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    30,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You contractors can take whatever time you want off to spend the riches you have earned thanks to Thatcherism
    But surely that would mean you losing your "value-add" percentage too?

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  10. #10

    More fingers than teeth

    DodgyAgent is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    But surely that would mean you losing your "value-add" percentage too?

    You have a point
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •