• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atheism is not viable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, no, Darmstadt, you've got it all wrong. Chico's preacher told him that Hitler was a humanist because Hitler used the word once. So all non-Christians are Nazis. Or something.

Leastaways, that's what Chico's been told to say when the word 'atheism' appears in a sentence.

Comment

If anyone resists, subdue him and administer Keith Chegwin.
      God, I'm still recovering from the sight of him running around in the nip for that C5 show a few years back

Comment

My post is bigger than yours !!
        Barsteward, and I read all the way through it waiting the climax.

Hickory Dickory Dock, I've got lipstick round my ear.

Comment

Of course there are no proofs that god does not exist, anyone who attempted to prove such a thing would come up against the same fundamental problem encountered by those seeking to prove he does.

It is not like "proving" there are aliens, at least in that case there are certain starting points of known facts from which at least a probability may be shown. When talking about a god, or some "scientific" alternative for the origins of the universe, you are attempting to find an explanation for everything else so no known facts can be relied upon. "Proofs" either way always start with assumptions or even worse fall back on analogies. I did quite a bit of Catholic apologetics and it is all like that.

Even worse, if you find your "proof" of god you then have to show that what we do is important to him. If god was just some remote creator who had no interest whatever in our fates it would hardly matter if we believed or not.

Atheist means without god not anti-god. Atheists have made a conscious decision that since their personalities have not equipped them with a tendency to faith and since they can find no positive arguments for existence of god they will live as if there is none.

The motive of atheists who continually denigrate the whole idea of god's existence or religion in general is highly suspect. Who are they trying to convince? The same suspicion applies to religious types who bang on about it continually. Others on here like SD or Zathras are committed Christians but don't continually bore everyone with pseudo-logic.

evidences for God's existence such as fulfilled biblical prophecy, Jesus' resurrection,
          Evidences. Good grief. You could take most of that cut an' paste, swap around the words Christion and atheist remove a few nots and it would still be equally valid. Or not.

Comment

Barsteward, and I read all the way through it waiting the climax.
            darn,

I didn't think it was possible for anybody to be more bored than me at work. You are an exception!

Comment

Barsteward, and I read all the way through it waiting the climax
              Funny, Mrs Wage often says the same thing to me

Comment

I didn't think it was possible for anybody to be more bored than me at work. You are an exception!
                I work from home and today is so far a quiet day. Waiting for phone call telling me what time I should be in Switzerland tomorrow for about 2 hours work (and 8 hours driving!)

Comment

If I "worked" from home I certainly wouldn't waste my time on this board!

Comment

There is, however, only one way that christianity is intellectually defensible and that is in the abstract realm of simple possibility. In other words, it may be possible that there is a God. But, stating that something is possible doesn't mean that it is a reality or that it is wise to adopt the position. If I said it is possible that there is an ice cream factory on Jupiter, does that make it intellectually defensible or a position worth adopting merely because it is merely a possibility? Not at all. So, simply claiming a possibility based on nothing more than it being a possible option, no matter how remote, is not sufficient grounds for christians to claim viability in their christiantity.
                    They must come up with more than "It is possible," or "There is some evidence for God," otherwise, there really must be an ice cream factory on Jupiter and the christian should step up on the band wagon and start defending the position that Jupiterian ice cream exists.
                    -----------------------

You are right Xog it does work

Comment

Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?
                      Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago?
                      Where have all the flowers gone?
                      Young girls have picked them everyone.
                      Oh, when will they ever learn?

Where have all the young girls gone, long time passing?
                      Where have all the young girls gone, long time ago?
                      Where have all the young girls gone?
                      Gone for husbands everyone.

Where have all the husbands gone, long time passing?
                      Where have all the husbands gone, long time ago?
                      Where have all the husbands gone?
                      Gone for soldiers everyone

Where have all the soldiers gone, long time passing?
                      Where have all the soldiers gone, long time ago?
                      Where have all the soldiers gone?
                      Gone to graveyards, everyone.

Where have all the graveyards gone, long time passing?
                      Where have all the graveyards gone, long time ago?
                      Where have all the graveyards gone?
                      Gone to flowers, everyone.

Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?
                      Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago?
                      Where have all the flowers gone?
                      Young girls have picked them everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X