Dire reporting from the beeb Dire reporting from the beeb
Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Contractor 'til I die

doodab 's job has never been outsourced

Default Dire reporting from the beeb

BBC News - Polls: No indication of huge Romanian-Bulgarian influx

Commission a poll, complain the sample sizes are too small to draw conclusions and then draw a conclusion for a headline. Where is the BBC bad science column when you need it?

Oh yes, 0.4% of 21 million people is still quite a few...
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

My post count is Majestic

vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

cheap labour - "No more Boom" - Gordon Brown.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Fingers like lightning

redgiant is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by doodab View Post
    BBC News - Polls: No indication of huge Romanian-Bulgarian influx

Commission a poll, complain the sample sizes are too small to draw conclusions and then draw a conclusion for a headline. Where is the BBC bad science column when you need it?

Oh yes, 0.4% of 21 million people is still quite a few...
    Yes, 1000 people in each country doesn't represent a good consensus. This is almost as bad as those "surveys" all the beauty products seem to put in their adverts ... pointless.

Jedi Like

gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

When all of those polled were asked to pick their first choice of EU country to move to in either 2013 or 2014, 4.6% of Romanians and 9.3% of Bulgarians chose the UK. These numbers rose to 8.2% for Romanians and 13.6% for Bulgarians when they were asked directly about whether they would consider the UK as a destination.
    Are they as useful as the Poles? The only contact I've had with Romanians is the daily 'no thanks' to the big issue seller in the underpass, is it just me who thinks the big issue should be sold by locals who are down on their luck? This woman has been there every day for 2 years!
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Godlike

Bunk 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by redgiant View Post
    Yes, 1000 people in each country doesn't represent a good consensus. This is almost as bad as those "surveys" all the beauty products seem to put in their adverts ... pointless.
    You mean like, "We consulted 27 people and they all said our stuff was great", when they probably asked 100 and ditched the ones they didn't like?

My post count is Majestic

vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Are they as useful as the Poles? The only contact I've had with Romanians is the daily 'no thanks' to the big issue seller in the underpass, is it just me who thinks the big issue should be sold by locals who are down on their luck? This woman has been there every day for 2 years!
    she is local now!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Super poster

Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

Expect more of the same.

And as it's a BBC poll I expect that estimate to be remarkably low.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

More fingers than teeth

DodgyAgent is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by gingerjedi View Post
    would mitch?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Contractor Among Contractors

Scoobos has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    cheap labour - "No more Boom" - Gordon Brown.
    You need to go back to the 50's not the 00's.