• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Met still racist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met still racist?

59% of minorities think Met is institutionally racist | London - ITV News

59% of minorities think Met is institutionally racist
    yes/no/could do better?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

A majority of minorities. Whatever next.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I am not one for going on about racists but I know many people who have suffered from it by the Met, nearly all of them did not want to complain for fear of reprisals.

One was recently when a friend was reporting violent threats from the landlord. He was treated like a criminal and had a visit by the police next day; not to investigate but to warn him not to report the crime and to f off back to his own country. (He is British and lived here 30 years!)

It is worse than you can ever imagine or read in the news
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        I am not one for going on about racists but I know many people who have suffered from it by the Met, nearly all of them did not want to complain for fear of reprisals.

One was recently when a friend was reporting violent threats from the landlord. He was treated like a criminal and had a visit by the police next day; not to investigate but to warn him not to report the crime and to f off back to his own country. (He is British and lived here 30 years!)

It is worse than you can ever imagine or read in the news
        jesus, thought that kind of thing had stopped. barstewards.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          A majority of minorities. Whatever next.
          But racial minorities are not the minority in London anymore.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            jesus, thought that kind of thing had stopped. barstewards.
            Dream on.......
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X