• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The secret to my success

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The secret to my success

Lessons From The Brain-Damaged Investor - WSJ.com

IIRC there was a study done between a top city firm doing detailed analysis driven investing in the stock market versus printing off the FTSE 250 list sticking to a wall and then throwing darts at the list to select which stocks to invest in
    The dart out performed the analysis driven approach

Of course all this could have been a dream..t'was a long time ago
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'm sure that I have seen research showing that the best investors are psychopaths. Form memory, this was due to them having no emotional attachment to their trades and hence not feeling the sense of euphoria or loss on a win or lose.

Comment

The best investments are in "disaster areas", the more blood there is on the street (economically speaking ) the more you´re going to make. Making a good investment is like a "bungee" jump, usually there´s a sickening feeling of going down before the euphoria of bouncing up again.
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 23 April 2013, 07:56.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          The best investments are in "disaster areas", the more blood there is on the street (economically speaking ) the more you´re going to make. Making a good investment is like a "bungee" jump, usually there´s a sickening feeling of going down before the euphoria of bouncing up again.
          Invest everything you've got in Britain in that case.

Comment

Working...
          X