• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Training - Short Notice Discounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training - Short Notice Discounts

Don't want to detract from the threads in Accountancy/Legal as to if they are claimable, this is more has anyone got any experience on short notice courses and getting a discount? As the book price of most are about £2500.

Has anyone managed to ring up the Friday before course starts to try and get a discount?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

If you call on such short notice for training then it's more likely that you are desperate to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      If you call on such short notice for training then it's more likely that you are desperate to get in.
      I was thinking more they are likely not to want to have empty seats on a course

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Every time I have tried this to get some of the further ITIL courses a while ago they were indeed nearly half price but all 4 (from memory) never happened as they never got enough people to sign up. The basic intro ones were full but the advanced ones tend to be block booked by a company so the scheduled ones never happened. Didn't need to ring up though, the price was reduced on the websites.

Saying that they only needed a small number of people to actually make it happen so would guess that is their break even and everything else was a bonus so definitely scope for some negotiation.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I subscribe to a "Late Notice" email for discounted courses from GlobalKnowledge. Some of the courses come up at less than 1/2 the advertised rate, so definitely worthwhile contacting them and ask to be put on Tim Atkins' list.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            I subscribe to a "Late Notice" email for discounted courses from GlobalKnowledge. Some of the courses come up at less than 1/2 the advertised rate, so definitely worthwhile contacting them and ask to be put on Tim Atkins' list.
            Do you have a link for that list? Although GK do a bundle which has all the courses I want to do which equates to half price anyway

Comment

Simon, its not a link, but its a weekly email list sent out by Tim. Phone them up and ask for him to add you to it?
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
              X