Training - Short Notice Discounts Training - Short Notice Discounts
Posts 1 to 7 of 7

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

Default Training - Short Notice Discounts

Don't want to detract from the threads in Accountancy/Legal as to if they are claimable, this is more has anyone got any experience on short notice courses and getting a discount? As the book price of most are about £2500.

Has anyone managed to ring up the Friday before course starts to try and get a discount?
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

If you call on such short notice for training then it's more likely that you are desperate to get in.

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    If you call on such short notice for training then it's more likely that you are desperate to get in.
    I was thinking more they are likely not to want to have empty seats on a course
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

Every time I have tried this to get some of the further ITIL courses a while ago they were indeed nearly half price but all 4 (from memory) never happened as they never got enough people to sign up. The basic intro ones were full but the advanced ones tend to be block booked by a company so the scheduled ones never happened. Didn't need to ring up though, the price was reduced on the websites.

Saying that they only needed a small number of people to actually make it happen so would guess that is their break even and everything else was a bonus so definitely scope for some negotiation.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

Scruff - scorchio!

I subscribe to a "Late Notice" email for discounted courses from GlobalKnowledge. Some of the courses come up at less than 1/2 the advertised rate, so definitely worthwhile contacting them and ask to be put on Tim Atkins' list.

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
    I subscribe to a "Late Notice" email for discounted courses from GlobalKnowledge. Some of the courses come up at less than 1/2 the advertised rate, so definitely worthwhile contacting them and ask to be put on Tim Atkins' list.
    Do you have a link for that list? Although GK do a bundle which has all the courses I want to do which equates to half price anyway

― Marcus Aurelius

Super poster

Scruff - scorchio!

Simon, its not a link, but its a weekly email list sent out by Tim. Phone them up and ask for him to add you to it?