• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got +500 on my day rate!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got +500 on my day rate!!!

Only joking. Sat in an Indian alone, drinking tulip red. Met an ex colleague. He now runs a hedge fund. Can I start again (after the delicious poppadum [sinc])

Try a chicken mehti if they have it on the menu (the main spice is fenugreek, nyam nyam).

Actually, ignore that advice. Go for a veggie option. "Indian" restaurants are mostly halal.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
      Actually, ignore that advice. Go for a veggie option. "Indian" restaurants are mostly halal.
      So what?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        So what?
        Halal = barbaric. That's why I tend to avoid them.

Comment

+1

My local Tesco has started selling Halal meat, labelled as such.
          I emailed to complain, and they replied that the animals were stunned before slaughter in all cases. Yet on Tesco.com it describes the Halal meat as "stun-free"

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            +1

My local Tesco has started selling Halal meat, labelled as such.
            I emailed to complain, and they replied that the animals were stunned before slaughter in all cases. Yet on Tesco.com it describes the Halal meat as "stun-free"
            Yes, I noticed the other day they were selling halal in their Wells branch (that well known hotbed of Islamic fundamentalism).

I shall also be complaining and voting with my feet by shopping elsewhere.

Comment

They're just animals.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes, I noticed the other day they were selling halal in their Wells branch (that well known hotbed of Islamic fundamentalism).

I shall also be complaining and voting with my feet by shopping elsewhere.
                Do you object to Kosher meat as well as food such as veal or foie gras with equal zeal?

Comment

+1 . I thought it was law that animals were stunned here, I'm fine if people want to eat it on religious grounds - but I don't want to eat it.

Yes Kal it's the same with Kosher, but Kosher doesnt dominate my high street in most restaurants and takeaways (including high street KFC etc)..

It's got nothing to do with islamaphobia or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                    +1 . I thought it was law that animals were stunned here, I'm fine if people want to eat it on religious grounds - but I don't want to eat it.

Yes Kal it's the same with Kosher, but Kosher doesnt dominate my high street in most restaurants and takeaways (including high street KFC etc)..

It's got nothing to do with islamaphobia or whatever.
                    To be honest, if you're eating in KFC I'd be more worried about getting a chicken head or foot in my meal rather than how the chickens were killed.

Comment

Working...
                    X