• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The islamoafricanization of the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Oh yes, a bit like those 'boarding schools' for unruly kids in the US where they walk around with a bible 24 hours a day. Isn't it Malaysia where they now have a big industry training nurses? I think it started with training locals to work abroad but then grew into servicing much of Asia; was that Malaysia or Philippines? Quite a cool export and a bit like Britain; education can be a big money spinner.
    Their biggest export is nuns and shoes.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      I don't understand that, are you saying that Malaysia imprisons its citizens? I certainly saw nothing of the sort and spents months in most provinces. The closest thing I've ever heard of is particular religious groups setting up holiday camps for people to be "re-educated" e.g don't be gay etc. That's a religious group thing though, not a government policy thing.
      if as you say these countries are so wonderful and tolerant then why are people not queuing up to go and live in them?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        if as you say these countries are so wonderful and tolerant then why are people not queuing up to go and live in them?
        There are millions of immigrants in Malaysia; about 2 million officially documented immigrants and at least 2 million more undocumented migrants picking up work the locals don't want.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/08/bu...ty08.html?_r=0
        Last edited by Mich the Tester; 8 May 2013, 13:07.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Feck me you're an ignorant pleb.
          We are going to Langkawi in July with a stopover in KL to visit an ex-colleague of the wife's who has an enviable expatriate lifestyle there. And to do a bit of scouting to see if that's not possible for us too.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            We are going to Langkawi in July with a stopover in KL to visit an ex-colleague of the wife's who has an enviable expatriate lifestyle there. And to do a bit of scouting to see if that's not possible for us too.
            It will only be enviable for your wife if she gets to leave you out there and return on her own!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Feck me you're an ignorant pleb.

I take it you have no friends of your own?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Weak currency? Who's going to leave the USA as an economic migrant to Malaysia?

I worked there as I was going to a country with a less favourable exchange rate afterwards.

My guess at why. You also have to let go of a lot of western home comforts.

We came home as my wife was unwell, loved it in Indonesia and would live there if possible, which it sadly isn't. Another country with tighter immigration than us (apart from tourist visa, which is 25 USD to the guy at the airport!)
                Last edited by Scoobos; 8 May 2013, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                  Weak currency? Who's going to leave the USA as an economic migrant to Malaysia?

I worked there as I was going to a country with a less favourable exchange rate afterwards.

My guess at why. You also have to let go of a lot of western home comforts.
                  So you think that currency exchange rates are the main drivers of immigration?

Comment

So you think that currency exchange rates are the main drivers of immigration?
                    In my own personal experience yes. It was the main driver for where i worked, except Canada where i did genuinely want to emmigrate to.

My current contract is at an NGO so they have lots of migrant workers, most of them don't have their families with them ; sending most money home.

That said, in slough for example there are more "working class" migrants who have permanently moved with no view of going home. I don't know anyone in this position, so couldn't say what the driver id, but would guess its our education and social welfare system (as a whole before anyone shouts benefits).

But yeah, from a migrants point of view in say the old eastern block, or impoverished nations, the GBP is almost almighty. 1 quid can buy a lot in say, SE Asia. I went out there for 18 months with 1 grand cash and came back with 3 grand 6 months earlier than planned; after working for an Aussie client just a few months of the year.

Comment

This is assuming and disturbing at the same time

This has made for interesting reading as well as comical.

Reading some the posts on here, it would appear that many confuse race with immigration and culture.
                      Let me see if I’ve got this straight, a Australian born Caucasoid, who decides to ‘emigrate’ to blighty is invisible and acceptable because he looks the same?
                      Or as we are in the stereotyping mode, a beer swilling unsophisticated deported criminal that we’d do better to ban all he’ll no doubt dilute our cultural purity?

To the matter of racial inferiority being peddled here, can some one clarify as to how can anyone ‘discover’ a place which already has people in it?
                      As I understand it, Africa is a name ‘given’ to a continent which by the way has completely different cultures is absurd to people who had never been there before
                      Abyssinia or Ethiopia I think was the common name used for a large region and various other names for different regions.

The concept of race is based on hierarchy a bit like when you coming up for a contract extension, with your W**KER liner manager who wants to make you squirm by letting you know he may not be on as much as you but he does control your destiny….(gazes off into the distance like when Lord Vader had Luke Skywalker in that ledge)

Comment

Working...
                      X