• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aargh! Pulled muscle or something

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I've sprained stuff in the past and have two in laws who are both medical professionals who advised me to immediately hit the ibuprofen, rest said limb and stick an ice pack on it ASAP.
    Bit late for the ice (it happened about ninety minutes ago I think) and anyway, I haven't got any ice; but I'll have a look for the ibuprofen.

Comment

ouch!

I once went out with a bird who had a loud crack. she was on her back for weeks
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Currently suffering from postherpetic neuralgia. Think toothache 24/7 on one spot on yer back for 6 months and only one month in.
        Ouch!

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Alcohol helps though.
        Ah, now there's a prescription that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Ouch!

Ah, now there's a prescription that makes sense
          It's that or mild anti-depressants and I can do without the pills. I'll stick with the booze
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Bit late for the ice (it happened about ninety minutes ago I think) and anyway, I haven't got any ice; but I'll have a look for the ibuprofen.
            A bag of frozen peas works just as well as ice

Seriously though, I had a mate who ruptured his Achilles tendon stepping off a kerb into the road and that made a clearly audible sound. He was on crutches for a while. Probably worth getting it checked out properly, esp if you can't walk on it normally or stand on tip toes.
            Last edited by doodab; 9 May 2013, 22:10.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              A bag of frozen peas works just as well as ice

Seriously though, I had a mate who ruptured his Achilles tendon stepping off a kerb into the road and that made a clearly audible sound. He was on crutches for a while. Probably worth getting it checked out properly, esp if you can't walk on it normally or stand on tip toes.
              I have a son in law who got gout. (uric acid crystals in the toe joint) aged 30, he was laid up in casualty for ages. so yes, orrible things can happen, even to the youngsters

but as usual, laughter is the best medicine. after beer

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Ah, it's only a flesh wound. Nothing to stop you billing.

Unless it's serious in which case, "where there's blame there's a claim".
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

oh. and me missus, a nurse
                  says elevate it as well as freezing it
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    oh. and me missus, a nurse
                    says elevate it as well as freezing it
                    Well, if it's worked for her for 20 years ......
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Found an ice pack thingy an old GF left behind years ago - one of those oblong slabs you freeze and put in a cool box, but it'll take a while to freeze. Only alternative is a couple of chops or some sausages, so I think I'll wait

Found the ibuprofen after hobbling round the flat looking in various places. Turned out it was right next to where I started, tucked in with my usual daily meds

Couple of those and a Badger Brewery Poacher's Choice: self-medication FTW!

Comment

Working...
                      X