• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aargh! Pulled muscle or something

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      oh. and me missus, a nurse
      says elevate it as well as freezing it
      It's not actually too badly swollen or anything. In fact I'm not sure it's swollen at all, although it's hard to be sure looking at the backs of your own legs

Anyway, I'm lying down and resting it as much as possible. It's sort of seizing up with the lying around, then loosens up if I limp up and down a bit. Hopefully it'll get a good rest overnight, and I'll remember to start it off slowly in the morning.

Comment

Immediate treatment for this sort of thing is rest, ice, compression & elevation .

Get a tea towel, on top of that stick your frozen peas, and on top of that wrap clingfilm, then put your feet up. Try not to let your toes go blue.

Some advise only taking the drugs after 24 hours. I say **** that, get em down you asap. You can do 600mg of otc ibuprofen every 4 hours, but make sure you take it with milk or food. If it's still really painful get some co-codamol as you can take them on top of the ibuprofen.

I would suggest getting down the doctors in the morning. A&E won't to anything for you except the above.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            It's not actually too badly swollen or anything. In fact I'm not sure it's swollen at all, although it's hard to be sure looking at the backs of your own legs

Anyway, I'm lying down and resting it as much as possible. It's sort of seizing up with the lying around, then loosens up if I limp up and down a bit. Hopefully it'll get a good rest overnight, and I'll remember to start it off slowly in the morning.
            80 Miles ?

might be a bit too far if it's risky. maybe an emergency telephone interview ?

or maybe they could come to you ?

or maybe an emergency chaufuer ?

or a taxi ?

all in all - a bit of a bummer
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Immediate treatment for this sort of thing is rest, ice, compression & elevation .

Get a tea towel, on top of that stick your frozen peas, and on top of that wrap clingfilm, then put your feet up. Try not to let your toes go blue.

Some advise only taking the drugs after 24 hours. I say **** that, get em down you asap. You can do 600mg of otc ibuprofen every 4 hours, but make sure you take it with milk or food. If it's still really painful get some co-codamol as you can take them on top of the ibuprofen.

I would suggest getting down the doctors in the morning. A&E won't to anything for you except the above.
              No frozen peas in the house - that's what I was on my way to get. The doctor's is only next door, but I'm dubious about the likelihood of getting an appointment and still being able to make the interview. If they can't see me first thing, I'll see how it goes and if necessary go to the Urgent Care Centre ("for people who really don't need A&E") at the main hospital tomorrow evening.

Comment

80 Miles ?

might be a bit too far if it's risky. maybe an emergency telephone interview ?

or maybe they could come to you ?

or maybe an emergency chaufuer ?

or a taxi ?

all in all - a bit of a bummer
                Nah, it's only eighty miles, or one hundred and sixty miles, counting the journey back

It's A road and motorway virtually door-to-door, and I've got an automatic so my left leg gets to rest the whole time anyway. In fact, if I used the Orion more, my left leg would have had more exercise operating the clutch and this probably wouldn't have happened!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Nah, it's only eighty miles, or one hundred and sixty miles, counting the journey back

It's A road and motorway door-to-door, and I've got an automatic so my left leg gets to rest the whole time anyway. In fact, if I used the Orion more, my left leg would have had more exercise operating the clutch and this probably wouldn't have happened!
                  mmmm. i am supposed to be the optimist.

you neglected

it will be stiff as fck in the morning
                  you will have to stop three times to get directions
                  you will have to walk to reception
                  climb three sets of stairs
                  then walk half a mile to the interview room
                  the interview room will be called 'Everest'
                  and the project will be called 'Strider'
                  they will ask you if you have the legs for it
                  and they wont tell you who is footing the bill

apart from that, go for it
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

you will have to stop three times to get directions
                    Nope, it's just round the corner from a place I was at for several months just over a year ago. Oh, and the Street View car did a tour of their car park, so I know the visitors' spaces are just a few yards from the front door

Comment

I always keep a pair of crotches in the bedroom for just such an eventuality..

I mean crutches..

Comment

Working...
                      X