• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best novel you've read?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Playboy count as a book?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Does Playboy count as a book?
      Depends, can you still turn the pages?

Comment

Strange Toys

Unquestionably one of the greatest "no-one's ever heard of it" books I've ever read. Indescribable and brilliant.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Top three are To Kill A Mocking Bird, The Outsiders and American Psycho

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            American Psycho
            A brilliant read.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              A brilliant read.
              One of the few where I have read the book before seeing the film

EDIT In fact all three books I mentioned I read the book before I saw the film, maybe there is something in that

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Best thriller ever has got to be Forsythe "The Day of the Jackal".
                Good shout. Thought that was great.
                I also really enjoyed "Trinity" by Leon Uris.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Life of Pi is excellent. It was 20p for Kindle recently - not sure if it still on offer. But well worth a read at the full price. Lots of freebies for the classics and Shakey - I gave up on Les Mis though!
                  Life of Pi is the best book I've read in a long time.

The Time Traveller's wife is good and Schindler's List. Les Mis is worth getting to the end.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Grapes of Wrath, Breakfast at Tiffany's, In cold Blood, the Book Thief, anything by Spike Milligan
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Authorized Biography of Stephen Hendry

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remember-My-.../dp/0720718848

Great for insomnia.

Comment

Working...
                      X