• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you still have any goals in your life?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that Angelina has had hers norks removed I will have to mark one of my goals as unachievable. I now need to think hard about what/who to replace it with.

Comment

Originally posted by Normie View Post
      Now that Angelina has had hers norks removed I will have to mark one of my goals as unachievable. I now need to think hard about what/who to replace it with.
      I wonder how they'd fetch if she put them on ebay?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I wonder how they'd fetch if she put them on ebay?
        You could end up feeling a right tit if you bought one.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I find goals motivational to do stuff, but usually feel a bit of an anticlimax once I achieve them - almost like the fact that I can do it must mean it's not worth doing (and lets face it, there's always some one who will have done it better!). My goals are generally personal rather than career based (Lejog, getting my degree...).

Comment

Originally posted by istvan View Post
            Reading through your dreams, I can proudly say I achieved most of them… well maybe…

“Semi-retire at 40 i.e. work 6-9 months max. Retire at 45 i.e do contracts as and when I feel like it.”
            Achieved this! I was semi-retired at 45, did contracts whenever I was able to get one. I always felt like it when I finally got one.

“Route 66, Yellowstone, Dragon Run, The Great Lakes, Californian coastline in a convertible etc....”.
            Achieved this! Sort of, during living in the States for 22 years. Never sat in a convertible though.

“My most pressing goal at the moment is to have a tulip!”
            Achieved this! Looking for a contract for the last 3 months, none found. That is a tulip.

“Achieve complete inner peace.”
            Achieved this! I am empty inside and at peace. But, seriously, I am at peace with my spiritual being. In other words I have joy in my life.

“I've achieved almost all of the musical ambitions I had but not quite ticked all the boxes.”
            Achieved this! With my limited musical ability (none) I achieved all that I ever dreamed of in music (after two years my mom finally realized I have no musical talent whatsoever - stopped taking piano lessons in grammar school)

I no longer have big dreams, because I tend to achieve them and then until I find another big goal I feel empty. So, I try to have small dreams and lots of them.
            I cannot help but notice how insular and "me me"you contractors are
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              I cannot help but notice how insular and "me me"you contractors are
              Yeah we are a selfish, egocentric lot ... unlike you recruitment agents ....

"He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
              X