• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wellbeck group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets see if HMRC can find the worst offenders, why not raid their place of work in Westminster?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mortgage principal

Mortgage principal refers to any of the borrowed sum still outstanding i.e. not including any interest, fees etc.

Can't imagine why HMRC would be offering to help, but HMRC do a lot of things that I wouldn't of imagined...

Comment

Originally posted by warrenboon View Post
        Mortgage principal refers to any of the borrowed sum still outstanding i.e. not including any interest, fees etc.

Can't imagine why HMRC would be offering to help, but HMRC do a lot of things that I wouldn't of imagined...
        It's marketing spiel. What they will actually propose is you should switch to an interest only mortgage and put the repayment element of your old mortgage payment into a pension, thus not paying income tax on it. The income tax not paid to HMRC can later be put towards your mortgage principal. Under certain circumstances this can be more tax efficient overall than a normal repayment mortgage (they claim). Obviously they make some nice commission on arranging the new mortgage and pension for you.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
          It's marketing spiel. What they will actually propose is you should switch to an interest only mortgage and put the repayment element of your old mortgage payment into a pension, thus not paying income tax on it. The income tax not paid to HMRC can later be put towards your mortgage principal. Under certain circumstances this can be more tax efficient overall than a normal repayment mortgage (they claim). Obviously they make some nice commission on arranging the new mortgage and pension for you.
          So basically they use the 25% tax free lump sum part of your pension to pay the mortgage off.

Personally I want the mortgage paid off asap and not have to pay 4% interest year on year till I retire.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
          X